Spur issues?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
Hello,

I am fitting a plug in TV amplifier in the loft because the signal around the house is really bad.

There is no sockets in the loft but i found a spur which is for the boiler. I think i read somewhere that you cannot have a spur off a spur is this right?

Otherwise how can i add a socket up there?

Cheers! :x

What circuit is the boiler spurred from Kiwi? Or is it by any chance on its own radial that used to be the old immersion heater cct?

TBH even if the FCU for the boiler was spurred from a ring main, your not going to overload the cable by adding another socket for TV amp. However as you may not know what someone else might add at a later stage or plug in, then you could add another FCU looped into the supply terminals of the original boiler FCU and then take your new socket from this.

then you could add another FCU looped into the supply terminals of the original boiler FCU and then take your new socket from this.
Not if the boiler FCU is a spur off the ring, if it

Kwin, what is the load of the amplifier? I would put a fused spur off the lighting circuit up there and lable it up. At the end of the day its not a 'lighting circuit' its 6amp radial circuit and it makes no difference if your feeding 10 x 100w lamps or 5 x 100w lamps and 5 x 100w items.

Your 6amp breaker will take 1380w so take that into consideration.

Remove the plug off the amplifier, hard wire it into a 3a FCU. No chance for some one to plug anything in then.

Doc H.

Latest posts