Spurs from origin of circuit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynehayes

Reaction score
I know some of you don't like this method of adding spurs but... According to page 363 of BRB it says it is possible to connect a spur at the distrubution board on a radial circuit. The examples shown are on 20A and 30/32A breakers, but I wondered if it's OK to do on a 6A lighting circuit (can't see why not).

I'm gong to fit a doorbell, from a FCU and the consumer unit is the easiest (most convenient) place to do so. The 32A ring final circuit already has a spur feedng a socket in a cupboard.

Cheers

If you are putting the spur next to the cu why not add it as part of the ring by extending the ring?

Thanks for the replies. There wouldn't be enough slack on the cable to extend the ring easily without adding a join in the the cable in the loft (it's in a flat).

Cheers.

I didn't know you could alter other people's posts , Badge , you'll get me hanged. :run

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:35 ----------

deke i think you are the best and most knowlegable sparks on the Forum :^O
Oh blimey , so you can , never knew that!! ; \

Latest posts