Spurs off spurs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent all day fitting those today.Some of them are not sitting flat to the wall, because Mr plasterer seems to have left curves in places. I did warn the customer you need perfect plastering to get away with those.

Yes it was this forum that came up with the name Lollipop circuit when I came across one over a year ago. there was some debate if it met regs or not then. One of those situations where it doesn't explicitly say you can, but neither does it say you can't.
God they're awful! The first time I ever used them I forgot to set the back boxes 5mm deeper as the instruction leaflet says but luckily I'd used 35mm deep boxes! All the time fitting them you're muttering "White MK, white MK..........!".

Forgot to say that you're bang on with the plastering, they give you thin foam gaskets but not perfect. Very easy to bend the plates as well. But it's the hole size for the cables that are my biggest gripe. Wiring with 2.5mm singles is horrible IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent all day fitting those today.Some of them are not sitting flat to the wall, because Mr plasterer seems to have left curves in places. I did warn the customer you need perfect plastering to get away with those.

Yes it was this forum that came up with the name Lollipop circuit when I came across one over a year ago. there was some debate if it met regs or not then. One of those situations where it doesn't explicitly say you can, but neither does it say you can't.
God they're awful! The first time I ever used them I forgot to set the back boxes 5mm deeper as the instruction leaflet says but luckily I'd used 35mm deep boxes! All the time fitting them you're muttering "White MK, white MK..........!".

Forgot to say that you're bang on with the plastering, they give you thin foam gaskets but not perfect. Very easy to bend the plates as well. But it's the hole size for the cables that are my biggest gripe. Wiring with 2.5mm singles is horrible IMO.
Couldn't agree more, things get even worse when installing with dry-lining boxes. Look horrible. Grrr!