Storage Heater Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TariqKhanOne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my storage heater, I have just moved to a new flat. The storage was working fine when I moved, there are two switch board on the wall with the heater, they were disconnected and again connected in error since then the heater is not storing the heat. It is working fine and heating it up so much but not storing. 
As I have economy 10 meter, tried to remain it on during the night time but it is not turning up until I turn it on from the other switch. 

I have another one in different room and it is working and storing fine.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tariq,

Please do not post duplicates of your question across multiple threads it does not help you to get a quicker answer, and it also helps if you start a new thread with a new question, that way members see that you have a new issue, rather than perhaps responding to an old thread.

Your question has been moved to a new thread for you and your duplicate messages removed.

check the vent settings, there are usually 2 controls, 1 for heat imput, and 1 for heat output. people have the bad habit of setting the output control to max, which means it discharges the heat quickly

So you have two switches.

you have determined that one of them allows the heater to heat up straight away.  That one is a normal supply feeding a convector heater.  You know that works, so for the moment, turn that one off.

Make sure the other one is turned on. Then leave it turned on over night. That is the only time (okay apart from a mid day boost as well) that the heater will heat up.

If the heater is hot in the morning it is working and will have stored a lot of heat.  If it's still cold in the morning, then either there is a problem with the off peak supply, or the over heat trip inside the heater has tripped and needs resetting (usually caused by people ignoring the "do not cover" instructions, and covering the heater with clothing they are trying to dry, causing it to over heat)

Last edited by a moderator: