Storing trunking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a few lengths or trunking/conduit in the van (about 20-30 of various sizes). they are on a shelf at the top, and not bent or anything. problem is, after a few days (well hours!) or driving, they often end up marked/scratched beyond use. other than individually wrapping each one in bubble wrap, any idea how to get around this?

i leave all mine on the roof and its on there weeks even months and never marks.

secret here is leave it in the pack and just take out 1 at a time.

they all look like new ..

i leave all mine on the roof and its on there weeks even months and never marks.secret here is leave it in the pack and just take out 1 at a time.

they all look like new ..
i dont have room to keep everything in the pack it came in! i have no idea why its gettin the way it is, it just always happens. i often put T2 into T4 to save space, and the T2 doesnt really have any marks/damage to it compared to T4

make room on the roof, i would hate a van full of trunking it would do my head in ..

I have one of those tubes on the roof of my van , trunking in it does the same , scuffs as you pull away and stop. Just use it for metal sheathing now and a few half lengths of PVC conduit.

I have one of those tubes on the roof of my van , trunking in it does the same , scuffs as you pull away and stop. Just use it for metal sheathing now and a few half lengths of PVC conduit.
if you put in a tube rack i still leave it in the bag ..stays clean with no problem .

i have a high roof van - trunking take up very little room up there. even a set of ladders live under the shelf for the trunking!
put a ladder on it .. i put everything on my roof ... the van is completly empty of c r a p

put a ladder on it .. i put everything on my roof ... the van is completly empty of c r a p
i have 2x ladders on the roof, but thats it. there is a small space either side of ladders that i could use in future. because of height, id rather have access without gettin up there

I was going to suggest using Electrical tape on the ends.

But - Either only buy what you need or bulk buy and keep it in the shed. ]:)

What about a length of square downspout screwed to the side of the van (if its ply lined).