strappers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or link L1 to L1, L2 to L2, put live feed into one COM and link live load through to COM at the other switch.

sounds like you have a common and strapper mixed up at one end to me.

what colour conductors have you got at which terminals , you need to check that the commons match at both switches . You will find a circuit diagram for 2 way switching on this forum, it will help you get your head round it Guinness

evening chaps,

using t&e for feed and 3 & e strappers.

i drew it out and got it going, only prob is its 2 way, so do i link the load feed?

switch 1, L1 - feed, grey & link?. L2 - black, load. com brown (strapper)

thanks chaps

if you have a T&E for feed/switch live between the light and switch one then a 3 core between the switches then you connect up the 3 core at both switches exactly the same, then at the switch with the feed/switch live you connect the feed and switch to opposing strappers(so if you are using switches labelled C, L1, L2 then connect the feed to L1 and the switch live to L2).

HTH

that is not useful mr lurch

mr b b has asked the question

for the input from members

sending him to google is non productive

mr smith

that is not useful mr lurchmr b b has asked the question

WTF have I done now?

If it was something odd I'd have done a picture. I was simply adding to the discussion, saying that this common scenario is well catered fro on the internet in general and Googling this would get a decent pic.

I think you need to stop taking posts the wrong way.

that is not useful mr lurchmr b b has asked the question

mr smith
I need the disagree here

a picture paints a thousand words

doing a search on google to get a good diagram is the answer here

all this about L1/L2 Com etc may well be confusing the op.

What Mr Lurch should have done was to link to a page

http://www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting:two_way_lighting

but then the op could have done that ;)

WTF have I done now?If it was something odd I'd have done a picture. I was simply adding to the discussion, saying that this common scenario is well catered fro on the internet in general and Googling this would get a decent pic.

I think you need to stop taking posts the wrong way.
looks like mr smith has his back side in his hands

i expect a 2nd infraction for this outburst ROTFWL

if you have a T&E for feed/switch live between the light and switch one then a 3 core between the switches then you connect up the 3 core at both switches exactly the same, then at the switch with the feed/switch live you connect the feed and switch to opposing strappers(so if you are using switches labelled C, L1, L2 then connect the feed to L1 and the switch live to L2).HTH
thanks chaps,

though still a little confused, wish i had a program i could draw it out to post.

how do i get the feed in to the second switch of a 2 gang switch ( i have a center light and spots working independantly)

thanks

though still a little confused, wish i had a program i could draw it out to post.
Pen and paper, then take a photo.

how do i get the feed in to the second switch of a 2 gang switch ( i have a center light and spots working independantly)
Link from the live feed to the com on gang 2.

thanks chaps,though still a little confused, wish i had a program i could draw it out to post.

thanks
you don't have to as such paul it travels up the 3 core

is this what your after ?

2way.jpg