strappers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you don't have to as such paul it travels up the 3 core
he said 2 gang not 2 way ;)

this 2g switch, is it the switch with the T&E+3core or just 3core?

if its the one with both cables then simply connect one switch to the other(so for example in L1 at the first switch you will have the feed in, common in the 2 way switching and the feed out to the other switch.), if its at the other end of the 3core then sadly it won't work as you only have a 3core cable taking common and two strappers so all cores used.

i hope that makes sense.

is this what your after ?.

2way.jpg
check post 10 ;)

errmmm ok is this right?

2 gang switch, spots and center light feed through switch

spots-com brown (from 3&e) L1 Brown (feed in), brown(to light) black L2 Brown (feed ongoing) grey

pendant-com brown (3&e) L1 black brown (to light) L2 gray

Or is this right?

spots-com brown (from 3&e) L1 Brown (feed in), brown(to light) black L2 Brown (feed ongoing) grey

pendant-com brown (3&e) L1 black brown (to light) brown (from L1 on spot) L2 gray brown (from L2 on spot)

or is neither right?

thanks

errmmm ok is this right?2 gang switch, spots and center light feed through switch

pendant-com brown (3&e) L1 black brown (to light) L2 gray

Or is this right?

pendant-com brown (3&e) L1 black brown (to light) brown (from L1 on spot) L2 gray brown (from L2 on spot)

or is neither right?
Erm, no idea, can;t follow that.

What cables have you got in the switches from what?

Someone out of the 3 of us has got gangs and ways mixed up.
prob me lol long day in a cold house

2 doors, pendant and spots, to turn on and off from each door. in 1 box i have - feed in, feed out, to pendant, to spots and 2 lots of 3 &e. in other box i have 2 x t&e

thanks

prob me lol long day in a cold house2 doors, pendant and spots, to turn on and off from each door. in 1 box i have - feed in, feed out, to pendant, to spots and 2 lots of 3 &e. in other box i have 2 x t&e

thanks
pendant independant from spots?

and both 2 way?

ok

feed at switch box 1

2 3cores between switch boxes?

and 2 2cores from switch box 2 to lights

presume 1 is going to spots 1 is going to pendant?

yes, so 2x 3core and 4x 2core
so switch 1 has 2 x 2core and 2 x 3core 1 of the 2 cores is the feed

the other goes to?

switch 2 has 2 x 3c from other sw and 2 2cores 1 going to pendant 1 going to spots?

sorry for the delay, dinner was ready.

sounds quite simple to me, i'll do another pic :D

just connect the strappers as normal. if you have neutrals too join them in box. i.e no connection to switches

beat ya bengie ;)

paullbb.jpg

Latest posts