STROMA

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horses for courses.

We dont all drive a roller, some of us simply cant afford one, some of us dont think they are value for money, some of our clients might like the image though.

It is only the Public Sector that are not allowed to specify the "governing body", they are the ones subject to anti-competition laws.

Private companies, including Insurance Companies are free to specify what they want, including the pink overalls with blue teddy bears if they so wish!!!

bloody hell thats alot cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
It is only the Public Sector that are not allowed to specify the "governing body", they are the ones subject to anti-competition laws.Private companies, including Insurance Companies are free to specify what they want, including the pink overalls with blue teddy bears if they so wish!!!
That's your excuse;) ;)

I have actually met sidewinder and pink overalls with blue teddy bears is not what he would contemplate. He does not take kindly to fools, which amazed me as being a fool myself we actually got on well, and do look forward to our next meeting whenever that happens.

As long the beer comes with a curry attached (which it has done every year) I don`t mind who pays ....

If the numbers go up again, this year we`ll need more tables!

Horses for courses.We dont all drive a roller, some of us simply cant afford one, some of us dont think they are value for money, some of our clients might like the image though.
I had to stop using the rolls because the ladders were scuffing the leather & my tool box was ruining the Axminster. My gardener i gave it to gets on fine with it.

Thats an excellent post SL. However you are slightly one-sided towards the customers viewpoint. If a tradesman don't like the customer, for example, he/she has a choice, too. Whether to work for that customer. I recently went to assess a job for a potential new customer. Very well-to-do and extremely nice people. However, I mentioned a day-rate and they looked quite alarmed. The previous spark was doing work for them at

Hi OnOff,

I was wondering which CPS you decided to join in the end. I'm in a similar position:

I've recently become a landlord, and coincidentally have both 2382 and 2391 qualifications from a previous life. A property I have acquired could do with a few notifiable jobs, and the local council charge £310 under the building regulations. It would seem that (although I don't normally practice as an electrician) it may well be worth registering with a CPS as I'd save money on just one job, and would then be able to self certify for anything else that came up. I might even take on the odd electrical contract as well.

STROMA seems to be the cheapest Part P self certification scheme, I was wondering whether you would recommend STROMA or indeed a less expensive scheme?

Best wishes,

Alan

Hi OnOff,

I was wondering which CPS you decided to join in the end. I'm in a similar position:

I've recently become a landlord, and coincidentally have both 2382 and 2391 qualifications from a previous life. A property I have acquired could do with a few notifiable jobs, and the local council charge £310 under the building regulations. It would seem that (although I don't normally practice as an electrician) it may well be worth registering with a CPS as I'd save money on just one job, and would then be able to self certify for anything else that came up. I might even take on the odd electrical contract as well.

STROMA seems to be the cheapest Part P self certification scheme, I was wondering whether you would recommend STROMA or indeed a less expensive scheme?

Best wishes,

Alan

Hi Guys ,not trying to resurect this old thread but did any of you jump ship and join stroma ???

If so how do you find them and their easy cert software ??.

I thought about changing before my last visit but could not find enough peeeps with good feedback so stayed with certsure !!.

Would love to hear from any of you who did join them.

Regards SSAB

I left Elecsa and joined Stroma this year:

just the same as Elecsa but cheaper for the annual fees and none of this "mandatory" insurance with notifications so the notifications are 50% cheaper.

Latest posts