struggling with home work question 2330 L3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madeinengland

Reaction score
got some homework due in tomorrow and i can't find some of the answers anywhere in osg or regs book.

1) how do you test metal conduit for continuity?

2)what is the relationship between resistence values for live and earth cables in a ring?

how would a spur effect test readings.

answers please or where can i find answers in regs book?

cheers

I've not got either book to hand but get yourself a copy of GN3, but answers should be in osg.

1) undertake a standard R2 test using a wander lead (in days of old I think a meter called a claire meter would be used to test tube ?)

2) Cpc will be 1.67x greater resistance compared to the line & neutral conductors.

A spur will give a higher resistance reading.

I've not got either book to hand but get yourself a copy of GN3, but answers should be in osg.1) undertake a standard R2 test using a wander lead (in days of old I think a meter called a claire meter would be used to test tube ?)

2) Cpc will be 1.67x greater resistance compared to the line & neutral conductors.

A spur will give a higher resistance reading.
but thats assuming 2.5 with 1.5 earth. if its a different size, this number will be different

to get number, its CSA of line shared by CSA of earth

You have to check the Metal conduit along it's length for any rust or breaks etc. Once you have done that - use Method 2.