Stupidest injury ever?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Venture!

Reaction score
Doing a rewire job. Head stuck under floorboards threading new cables. Didn't notice a nail sticking out of one of the joists. Caught one of my nostrils on it when pulling my head out.......

Doing a rewire job. Head stuck under floorboards threading new cables. Didn't notice a nail sticking out of one of the joists. Caught one of my nostrils on it when pulling my head out.......
:worthless:

Not being nosey of course.

There was a suggestion of taking a photo using a smartphone (after the laughter had subsided).......I may have suggested if that happened I would find a new and improved use for said phone. 

X(

And every time you stick your head under the boards you'll remember this ....for the rest of your life.   

Reminded me of drilling a hole through a wall for a short piece of conduit that wouldn't go through .   Apprentice is the other side ramming chisels & things through ...I tell him to stop , I need to look through the hole.

OK !

I stoop down & peer through the hole ....and he decides to blow all the brick dust out & into my eye. !!!!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Laughing at other's misfortune gets right up my nose too. Still, no need to put your nose out of joist.

I always seem to bang my head twice in tight spaces, once accidentally, the second when I automatically move away.

My brother, drying the dishes last night, he lifted a sharp knive and scliced himself, he was watching the tv at the same time.

IMG-20161019-WA0000.jpg

Mate caught his head on site when we were both there one day. Claret everywhere with me standing behind him in the bog lifting this bit of his scalp up and down to show him. 5 page accident form FFS!

3 months later he's there on his own.....and does the same thing on the same bit of steel! :)

I was running on my treadmill and curling weights at the same time. Treadmill is in the conservatory and I realised if I turned my head to the right I could see through the back window of the lounge and see the TV...... 

needless to say there was much crashing and banging and me being ejected off the treadmill into a pile in the corner.

Work related: coming down a staircase with cantilever toolbox in one hand and screw caddy in the other and forgot there was a bundle of egatube on the staits which acted as a ski jump..... ended up in a pile at the bottom and no sympathy from colleagues at all.

Not work related, but I had a bad back few years ago and decided that hanging from some scaffolding that was around one of the barns at home would help to straighten it out. Worked a treat, but as I let go I lost my footing when I landed and fell backwards arse cheek first into a scaffolding bolt. 

That was one embarrassing trip to A&E. I would post a pic, but it's pretty graphic. Still got a scar to show for it. 

Not work related, but I had a bad back few years ago and decided that hanging from some scaffolding that was around one of the barns at home would help to straighten it out. Worked a treat, but as I let go I lost my footing when I landed and fell backwards arse cheek first into a scaffolding bolt. 

That was one embarrassing trip to A&E. I would post a pic, but it's pretty graphic. Still got a scar to show for it. 
Email.       Dodgyarse.cheekbruise @steptoe.stalker

We had fitted plug-in trunking over  printing presses , they asked for a  fitting to be added .     I  hook a fitting onto the track , the plug on the flex won't go in and the trunking is moving away from me on it's long threaded rod droppers. 

I should point out at this stage that without glasses I can't see anything close up and ...because I don't have them on I missed the fact that the perspex cover guarding the terminals in the plug is missing .......so gripping the plug with my thumb on the "L" terminal...I grip the steel trunking with other hand to stop it swinging about ...effectively earthing myself.

I quickly became aware that something was amiss when the plug went in and fearsome , pulsating waves of current passed up my arm , across my chest and down the other arm , arms were locked in position for what seemed like hours as I decided I was about to die , when my feet slipped on the steps , I juddered down them into a heap at the bottom. 

In all honesty , I sometimes dream its happening and cry out silently before jerking awake !!!!!   

Ferreting round in the back of a flush box in a dark corner pulling all the black pyro tails out so I could test and somehow ended up with a screwdriver in my eye.

Reasonably recently side cutters slipped a bit while stripping T&E and whacked myself in the face (common issue) but managed to dislodge 2 teeth this time.

Changed my avatar to show my recent injury to my leg with an angle grinder, trip to a&e said they couldn't stitch missing chunks.

This picture shows it a week later with insulating tape to make it a happy scar.

For magnitude of injury and being able to make a face from it, I  :Salute .

(Can't really do much with the extra hole in the side of my nose!)