sunbed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyevz

Reaction score
A customer has asked me to put in a supply for a sunbed in his house. He says it needs a 50amp single phase supply. So i was thinking putting in a 50amp c curve mcb from the fuse board which has a spare way fed in 10mm t+ e 10meters then into a rotary switch to the sunbed. The bed has not got an industrial plug. iv never wired a sunbed before, any thoughts? anyone dismantled one to get through the doorway?

thanks peeps

I would think you need to see the manufactures installation instructions and technical specifications before making any erroneous decisions.

Doc H.

A customer has asked me to put in a supply for a sunbed in his house. He says it needs a 50amp single phase supply. So i was thinking putting in a 50amp c curve mcb from the fuse board which has a spare way fed in 10mm t+ e 10meters then into a rotary switch to the sunbed. The bed has not got an industrial plug. iv never wired a sunbed before, any thoughts? anyone dismantled one to get through the doorway? thanks peeps
sorry i can help mate but can i just say 50A no wonder they give you melanoma

matty,

apart from the advice rom Doc above.

You should look at the diversity and the total load on the install etc. to cover regs when adding a large fixed load.

You say the unit does not have a plug, thus it will be a fixed load, this needs a bit of thought over and above putting in the cct.

Also, why have you picked a C curve?

Is the install TT, TN-S or TN-C-S?

Will you get the required Zs?

IIRC the commercial beds that I've connected up have "only" needed a 32A supply.Sun showers needed 63A IIRC
Yeah same here, fitted loads of 32a. I did one job where I placed a 10mm cable in for a cooker, turns out the cooker only needed 16 amp, cable run?

3.75m!

Check the instructions first, then calculate the cable size.

thanks for your replies. Will have to get the full specification from her. I was thinking of a c type due to the startup up of all the tubes.

thanks again matt

No , one of Badger's jobs , its the meter by-pass they don't like .
Very true.....

:eek:

I thought I had taught Badger to tap it from the neighbours rather than doing KME's meter bypass tails method...

:|

That bloke will never learn!!!

:(

Even Sellers and Cirrus have mastered the tap into next door supply method!!!

And Voltmax can now do it blindfold!

:) :x