test results that differ

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
a while ago I changed a clients CU and carried out a full PIR, and have recently been back to carry out some more work, moving sockets etc...

When testing my recent work, i have gained different test results from when i did the PIR.

Would you update the PIR results and give the client a new copy, or just leave it as it is, and just give them the new MWC's.

Personally I would take the PIR results as a snap shot of the time they were taken, so the new (differing) results would only be shown on the new certs. This could be followed up by comments if the new results have worsened and it has raised concerns.

Bear in mind also that testers and installations can operate differently due to temperature, condensation, humidity etc. And the difference between testers can be as much as 30% according to I think meggers helpline.

Or maybe someone else has been messing around with the system since the PIR ?

the pir was done in December last yr, and i have been the only spark wotking in there house... Yes the new results are a lot better.... I recently have has my meter calibration could this effect the difference in results.... also Tooold mentioned that temperature, condensation, humidity could effect the results of the installation.