Texecom ComWifi cannot login

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a heads up here for anyone using one of these devices in future.

Fitted a Texecom Premier to my new house and added a ComWifi to it for, errrr, well, wifi Coms. Anyways, the first steps including connecting directly to the module via wifi and changing the default account login details so that it is secure when you tell it to connect to your router.

DO NOT USE SPECIAL CHARACTERS!!!

As most things these days need special characters in the password to deem them strong enough, it is now common place, but if you enter a special character within the password (not sure about username too), the module will save the details but won't let you login after. There is no way to default the unit without the credentials being accepted too. The only option you have is to send the unit back to Texecom (via your supplier). Your supplier should send you a replacement and then I'm assuming Texecom will just re-flash the module and re-package it back to the market.

Hope this saves someone some hastle in the future.

I Installed a Premier Elite unit at home last year. Prox keypads etc

not gone WiFi with it yet...but maybe

what i DID find an advantage was programming it with a laptop..

just could not get my head around the RKP method...but I AM  old

One of the reasons I got the comwifi. And why the alarm is now live but not fully setup. I can do it with the rkp no problem, bit of a bind though. But want to try out wintex.

wintex is very good and makes programming very easy. i use the wired comip module on mine. with port forwarding, you can also use wintex remotely, or use the texecom apps to access the panel from anywhere