Things I Don't Like

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garages with a night pay hatch so that you can't go in and just pick up what you want.

Attempted to buy an energy drink and a chocolate bar last night. Asked for what I wanted, the cashier shuffles the long way around all the tills (the setup in this peticular garage is a bit stupid). She gets to the chocolate bar, picks up 2 different ones and holds them up so I can pick. I can't see ****** all and she's too far away from the microphone to be able to tell me which one's which. Randomly choose one.

She gets to the energy drinks, picks one up and holds it up for me to see. Again, I can't see ****** all let alone read what it says on the can from that distance. Give a thumbs up. She comes back to the till and it's not the chocolate bar or drink that I wanted and I haven't got the heart (or the time) to ask her to go all the way back to swap them.

Yes, I know it's all for security but foookin 'ell it's annoying.

i still use wylex. at least they admitted they had a problem, and paid a decent rate for it to be corrected. still never seen any faulty ones other than images on here etc
 I did find 1 dodgy 6A MCB, the odd thing was that it was only supplying a burgular alarm, almost like the issue was insufficient loading

The piece of **** battery pack in my Metrel not contacting properly and randomly cutting out...

well if get the brick and sit it on top of 2 wires to hold them together you could get R1 + R2 with a £10 multimeter from B&Q....... :innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
Things I don't like:

MK CU's.

First time in a number of years I have bought anything MK (and probably the last)

So todays job was wire up a supply kiosk. The job spec specifically called for a 6 way IP rated CU and the first I found was MK. The pre loaded mix of MCB's was not what i wanted so I bought 1 more MK MCB to make the mix right.

No 1 "issue" the individual MCB I bought has the switch dolly at a different level to the rest and different writing. It's even a slightly different size. So it makes it look like a cobbled together bitsa CU. not very good.

When all done, I find the lid is held on with 4 screws. Small screws a long way down in a recess, so you can's use your insulated drivers. when I find a non insulated one that will fit, the hinged cover is in the way of the drivers handle, unless you strain it almost to the point of breaking.

MK were carp last time I tried them. They still seem to be carp. Perhaps I'll try some MK stuff again in another 5 years. Perhaps not.

Farris and Ball firkin expensive shite to use paint that the wife bought to redecorate the bathroom  :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

Never used such annoying paint in my life, makes the old style very runny gloss stuff look like a doddle and £90 a tin FFs, FFFFFs, actually FFFFFFFFFFFs