Things I Don't Like

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont do private callouts, only for landlords and rental agents

I dont think rental people could afford my callouts,

LLs never call me unless its a last resort as they know how much it is to get me to even leave my house at night,

last one I did was £150 for less than an hour out and back at 7.30pm,

Sitting waiting for the spam/advert as 9 "foirst" posts come in 15 mins

Celebrity

RR in Jeans

Can I get...

You know whay I mean...

Thats what I am talking about...

In other words

Cryptospiridium in our water for a week

False deadlines on TV shows

Storage Hunters UK.....FFS have you seen it?..........saw it a couple of months ago and thought it would get better!.....wrong again

Yet another of my main customers "going to the wall" after 35 years trading

Convenient illnesses that stop potential fiddly diddlers being tried, found guilty, and locked up in a darkened room withe the victims family and a rusty set of tools for a couple of days

Politicians....see above

Ex politicians....see above above

Nights getting darker earlier

Forgetting to do the VAT

Life in general at present......with VERY few exceptions

Earth screws missing in backboxes

MK accessory screws

Customers supplying their own light fittings

Probably a couple more that i have forgotten about

Selfie sticks

Weeds

Potholes

Fun Days

Neighbour drilling holes at 0730 on a sunday

Mediums

Derek,Acorah

Kyle

Brucie.....thats a 'given'

Toothache

People who,hold conversations in supermarket aisles and block everyone

Only one checkout manned whilst staff have a natter

Carpet in front of fruit and veg stands.....put there to slow down trolley and make you purchase more

People,who,steer shopping trolleys withntheir elbows

Twats who insist on "gunning it." On industrial estates

Probably a couple more that I Have missed

Wasn't there an Anglo Saxon king called Kerch the Tolerant ...about 52 ad  I think , just after  Thustlethroth the I'll Be Ready in Minute  but before Ethel the Compressor ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah   On that subject Dave ,  how about some pics to show how the build is coming on ?
Simple answer is slowly at the moment.

The foundations are finished.

foundations finished.jpg

I've laid some of the drainage

drains_1.jpg  drains_3.jpg

And I've built a railway sleeper retaining wall along the front

Front_drains.jpg

I'm now waiting for the builders to come and start building the timber frame.

That's not the living room, it's the garage. And it's a small inspection pit. Not very deep but just right to sit in with your head level with the floor.  Makes car oil changes etc a much more pleasant  less miserable job.

I have one in my present garage, and it's been so successful that the new house is having one the same.

Back to "things I don't like"

Craptree rcbo's

Yes I must lead a sheltered life. Today is the first time I have encountered a craptree starbreaker rcbo.

L terminal screw is recessed so far than none of my insulated screwdrivers will reach the screw, and neither will my test probes.

Well that's a brilliant bit of design then isn't it.

Was that for an existing board Dave ?     I used Craptree for years , mainly because it was manufactured locally but dropped it after the " Great  Exploding MCB Debacle"  

I quite like Control Gear  from Denmans .

Was that for an existing board Dave ?     I used Craptree for years , mainly because it was manufactured locally but dropped it after the " Great  Exploding MCB Debacle"  

i still use wylex. at least they admitted they had a problem, and paid a decent rate for it to be corrected. still never seen any faulty ones other than images on here etc

I used to,like CGD gear until today....shucking fite.

Cheap job, would not stand annSBS Dave board.

so went for my previous choice of Denmans Curve board ( more height) and 12 RCBOs,

Set talking driver to 2 nano mongos....screw heads made from Dairlea Triangles!..........some were fine, but some were "shall we say" of inferior quality

It was an EICR on an existing board.

To be honest I don't see many Craptree CU's about here, mostly Wylex or Hager.

rcbo's are not too common about these parts either.

I guess if you encounter these regularly you can modify an insulated screwdriver by stripping the insulation back a bit and find a suitable extra long extra slim test probe. It just seems a naff design that forces you to do that.

Last edited by a moderator: