Things I Don't Like

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they should make that into a game -  every so often have one of the steps covered in grease, or not screwed down so it comes away. or maybe a trap door in one of them
They could also introduce a sniper...that would liven things up a bit. Much the same as ( i think) Frankie Boyle,suggested for the Marathon

Inconsistent bosses!

Took on the office and reprimanded for putting a zip tie over a light fitting on an asbestos ceiling, then 6 weeks later, moaned at for not disconnecting said lights for removal by asbestos contractor.

Sorry rant over.

Lennie Henry  ...used to be amusing  now just talks about being black all the time .  On R4  as I write , talking about doing an all black version of  Educating Rita . 

So what is he actually saying ...Oh heres a good film but we must make a black version  ...why !!!!!?? 

What next  I ask?   An all muslim version of Dad's Army .............Fools & Horses  with  Will Smith as Del Boy

Doors with 2 handles.

Working on a flat today.  The communal entrance door has a latch with a handle and a yale lock. So you need 2 hands to open it. the sneck is missing so you can't latch the yale lock open and it's got a self closing spring.

So you have to put down the stuff your are carrying on the ground. Open the door with both hands (having fumbled in your pocket for the key). Find something to prop the door open with (fire extinguishers are handy for this) then pick your stuff up again and carry on.

It gets rather tedious. Especially when it's raining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Door entry/exit buttons that only work when your pressing on them so you have to put down yer stuff press the button pick up yer stuff whilst holding the door open! headbang

I have an old chisel which is good for keeping doors open and magnetic locks are easily fooled ;)

:)

Members who keep changing their Avatars every other day .............it confuses me :huh:

Anyone of the order Anatidae please note
default_God%20no.gif

When I do me testin instead of writing the results I take a photo with my work phone not only does this log the time and date but also the location via gps and it is backed up in the cloud! on this occasion I did a burst shot while RCD testing and I thought I would try it as my avatar as I had noticed you could use animated gif's as avatars which I'm not sure was always the case?  :)

I shall return to my duck ways sir Duckington!

:Salute  

:)

Honking Hoovers.

I was working in a rented flat today. When I was finished, I thought I would use the hoover that was sitting there to clean up.

****** me. I have never smelled something so disgusting for years.  Within just a few seconds of turning it on, the stench was overpowering, and literally had me retching. I had to switch it off and leave the room PDQ before I threw up.  Imagine a mix of sick, sh1t and wet stinky dog rolled into one.

Some people are just disgusting, now anyone with a sense of smell could carry on using that is beyond me.

It was half an hour before I could go back in that room.

Do worry about the Hoover smelling Dave they can be switched off, took Mrs shopping last night and I have never smelt people so bad, I had to leave the shop the BO was soooo bad.

Went to stay with daughter and son in law last weekend just outside Bath. Drove down M6 thru Brum FFS there was some serious rank stench for about 2 miles, then again just as we hit the M5! Wife was blaming me!....it was that bad that if you could have bottled it you could sell it to Schoolboys for stink bombs. Must have been some Refuse Dump next to Motorway, freaking vile

Just wretching