This Corona Virus . Ongoing thread for comments .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all too soon I think  but a lifeline has been tossed out and suddenly the traffic has increased .    

My work mate phoned  to report massive queues at his Tesco  so going elsewhere  ,  but the Homebase next to it has  re-opened , car park full  ,no queue so they must all be inside the store   :C    

we walked passed our local homebase this afternoon - big queue outside.

Fingers crossed the local garden centres will open next week so we can buy some "quality" plants and save our local independent outlets ...............

Sadly I just heard that he  died yesterday , actually in his middle 50s   .     It certainly rings it home .
And today  the missus is looking out of the window ...nods to me to take a look ....wiping an eye ....  the guy's clothes being put in the car by his wife & sons.    Talk  about heartbreaking . 

Yes.. It certainly is.. As i explained, our hospital is being used as a store for the possessions of the deceased persons..

Here is something that you all need to read though...

All this stuff about the police setting up road blocks and asking people where they are going and telling people that they cannot go on "non essential journeys" Turns out that this is illegal and that there are no such laws...

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/jt5801/jtselect/jtrights/correspondence/Chairs-briefing-paper-regarding-Health-Protection-Coronavirus-Restrictions-England-Regulation-2020.pdf

I am not encouraging people to go out and do stupid things, but you all need to know that if the police stop you and ask you where you are going, you can simply ignore them. You want to go to a shop to buy a piece of wood?? The police will tell you that you cannot, but you can....

You are allowed to leave your home to go and collect stuff from ANY of the businesses listed below.. [I believe in england there is no restricion on how far you can travel now anyway] but there NEVER was in the first place..

24.  Food retailers, including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops.

25.  Off licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol (including breweries).

26.  Pharmacies (including non-dispensing pharmacies) and chemists.

27.  Newsagents.

28.  Homeware, building supplies and hardware stores.

29.  Petrol stations.

30.  Car repair and MOT services.

31.  Bicycle shops.

32.  Taxi or vehicle hire businesses.

33.  Banks, building societies, credit unions, short term loan providers and cash points.

34.  Post offices.

35.  Funeral directors.

36.  Laundrettes and dry cleaners.

37.  Dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health.

38.  Veterinary surgeons and pet shops.

39.  Agricultural supplies shop.

40.  Storage and distribution facilities, including delivery drop off or collection points, where the facilities are in the premises of a business included in this Part.

41.  Car parks.

42.  Public toilets.

john..

I don’t know they ever suggested it was law, I thought it was always proposed as guidance based on common sense? You don’t need to travel half the country to get your fish and chips etc, never been stopped for going to Wickes or BQ or Screwfix :C  

I don’t know they ever suggested it was law, I thought it was always proposed as guidance based on common sense? You don’t need to travel half the country to get your fish and chips etc, never been stopped for going to Wickes or BQ or Screwfix :C  

The police have been issuing fines and alsorts for things that it turns out are not against the law!!

Read the stuff on the link i provided that explains what has been going on.....

john

Something else for you all....

In one of my earlier posts i wrote about;

"The cemetary by me is closed.. All gates locked.. Next few days i will try to climb over the wall when they have gone home and take some photos.. There is a large filter bed in the cemetary that has not been touched in 40 or 50 years.. All of a sudden, all kinds of maintenance.. Do they think the virus could contaminate ground water???"

Well, guess what i have just found...

"There is some evidence showing that genetic material from the new coronavirus can be detected in wastewater and researchers in several countries have begun to assess whether this could be used as an early-warning tool"

I can see that soon the law will state that people have to be cremated...

john..

A neighbour across the road  has it  .   His wife had it first , for just over a week , at home self medicating  , he presumably contracted it from her  , taken to hospital five weeks ago , not sounding good .   In their middle 40,s .  
Funeral today from over the road .           Don't listen to them , its not gone away yet !  

That’s a real eye opener not that our PC politicians will recognise the significance as its now about the economy and government deficit, they think they’ve managed it well and it’s on its way out 🤥🤥

It definitely has not gone away.. I saw an interview with a ITU doctor from the local hospital here [not my one] Apart from he has had it himself, he says that they are over the first peak now, but that there will be a second one in June/July and then the "big one" as he put it, in October. He recons that this one will be really bad as there will be lots of people getting "winter flu" and then this on top..

Oh ****...

john..

It definitely has not gone away.. I saw an interview with a ITU doctor from the local hospital here [not my one] Apart from he has had it himself, he says that they are over the first peak now, but that there will be a second one in June/July and then the "big one" as he put it, in October. He recons that this one will be really bad as there will be lots of people getting "winter flu" and then this on top..

Oh ****...

john..

people are stupid. as long as idiots keep gathering together in large groups then its not going to go away anytime soon

Right at the start the idea of isolation and lockdown was to control the rate to a level the NHS can cope with.  There never was a plan (because it's impossible) to eradicate it.  We don't hear about that plan now and a second or third spike will be a "surprise"

Only 3 things will end this:

A vaccine is found and given to everyone

Something like 80% of the people get it, a lot will die but then we should have herd immunity

The virus mutates to something less bad.

I think it was only the third option that ended Spanish Flu after many years,

Problem now is that because there are so many armchair "experts", the real experts have all but lost the command of the people here in the UK

Unless we continue to practice good hygiene, safe distancing, avoid places with lots of people and then isolate our families when it hits we'll never get away from it

And then there are the plans for the tracking APPS - I simply don't understand why so many people are so against them - if they help why not? I'll use one as soon as its available - thats how South Korea dealt with Covid 19

Why is it we can't seem to get a tracking app to work?  Typical of most NHS IT projects, over budget, late, and does not work properly.

Tracking apps work in other countries so why don't we just buy a working system the same as has been proven to work elsewhere?

because the government cant be trusted with the data...

mate, don’t take this the wrong way, but attitudes like yours will make sure COVID 19 lives with the uk for a long time

the Government has more data on you than you can imagine, so what’s a little more going to do except help track this killer virus

i think that COVID 19 and speed cameras are similar - people didn’t believe that speed cameras existed until they knew somebody who received a fine ..... I’d rather that nobody in my family died from it, but as long as the population at large won’t help the government, then it will persist

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are really concerned about your whereabouts being tracked then don't have a cell phone. The network "knows" where you are all the time and keeps records. Needless to say those records are available to the authorities if required, e.g. for criminal investigations.

Personally I don't give a damn who knows my movements; why should I ?

If you are really concerned about your whereabouts being tracked then don't have a cell phone. The network "knows" where you are all the time and keeps records. Needless to say those records are available to the authorities if required, e.g. for criminal investigations.

Personally I don't give a damn who knows my movements; why should I ?

And never use a credit or debit card either ..........

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure the people who have access to this data aren't in the slightest interested about what I get up to .....