Tips For First Time Assesments.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines booked with NAPIT, got my assessment next Thursday, 24th February.

as a first timer for an Niceic assesment i'd like to say cheers very much Green-hornet ( thats if your still around after reading your post was 2009 ) , your post helps alot thou :)

Thankyou Green-Hornet, very useful post, I will be going through my assessment in January 2012 and this is what I was looking for. Perfect!!

Rigby

Had my first assessment with John Wormald from Elecsa on Monday morning all went well No obvservations or non conforms'.

Put me at ease and went through Safe isolation, ring end to end tests and checked cert, Ze, RCD tests and EFLI test on socket along with a good few questions. Was quite enjoyable in the end and no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Did a CU change and SWA to garage for site visit.

Like previous posts dont try and bull as you will get sussed, there not there to trick but advise.

Cheers guys, oh and the thing about assessors liking Chunky KitKats is not true lol

Cheers guys, oh and the thing about assessors liking Chunky KitKats is not true lol
Ah.. no that changed in amendment 1: 2012...

Its only Chunky Kit-Kat if the assessors middle name starts with a 'J'.

If their birthday is in March or July they prefer a Snickers...

Surname ending in letter 'H' thro 'T' they prefer a Drifter....

Cant remember all the rest but its table 'K' in appendix M of the On-Site-Guide I think?

But you have to remember the correction factors if the assessor weighs over 14 stone you must double the quantities,...

and if over 16 stone and taller than 6 foot you must also add a bag of crisps and a pint of beer!!!!

You will soon get the hang of these new regs...

anyway...

Well done! :Salute :^O

Just had my first assessment this morning,was a little nervous but the assessor was very good didn't talk jibberish and all went ok.