Todays DNO call out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the problem with the utility companies now is they have a more costed approach and response that prays on the lack of understanding of the issue and also the level of knowledge of the caller
Last week I found the water meter box built into the side of house was leaking, given the greening of the brickwork it must of been leaking for a while and it hadn't been noticed, so I rang United Utilities to be told their responsibility ends in the pavement at the boundary of my property and I should fix it so I pointed out that their metering equipment was faulty, leaking and within my property boundary and if they were not prepared to fix it then they needed to send a digging team out to install a new boundary box and meter as I would fix the leak by bypassing the current metering arrangement in order to prevent further damage to my property the response then was we will come and fix it because it is cheaper than having to install a new boundary box. The result was a repair within 24 hours

Latest posts