tools for trainee electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several bahco metric adjustables (havent seen an imperial one yet). Spanners are a mix of King ****, Britool and the like, sockets are mainly ETC from a set I've had 'man and boy' Have several 'roebuck' tools (buck and hickman) Allen keys, ratchet spanners etc also good.
My Bahco shifters are tri-lingualistical...metric on one side [left handed], Imperial on other side [right handed] and Whitworth on other side [Kek handed]... :coat

I've got a full set of halford professional which I believe is make by Sykes and pikavent. Lifetime guarantee and have taken ratchets back and had them replaced foc. Also have used these sockets in impactDriver run off compressor and they were ok but patch may have worked them harder :)
they are to the best of my knowledge, Draper Expert, although if you look at a lot of stuff you will see the same part numbers on them,

ie, one of my tool cabinets/chests has the same numbers as Teng (standard), Halfords (standard), Draper (standard) and Sykes Pikavent (standard), cant remember the 'name' on my cabinet, but its none of them, Im inclined to think it might even be Britool.!!!

For a while Sykes & Britool were the same co. sell off's by up's etc., now no longer, as I understand things.

They were not originally the same co. either.

ultimate sparks tool kit

--wera drivers. Personal preference(love em)

--Nws- cutters, lng nose, combos

Fluke t5- 1000

--Wera chisel screwdrivers( one mistake sparks always do is use the vde"s for everything and anything, )

--makita 10.8v driver, great tool especially at heights , best investment I've made, great tool

--Makita lxt202, does anything you want it to, and a angle drill as and extra for between joists

Thanx for reply knipex for cutters Are bahco irozola not the same ikey
I'm not sure I have 2 sets botha different unless they have become the same since I last bought some!

Will take a pict if I remember when on site