towel rad elements

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need to put a 150 watt thermostatic heating element in a towel rad, struggled to find one but ended up ordering this

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Thermostatic-Electric-Element/invt/160027

prob i have got is the rad is not part of the central heating does this make a difference, do u use the t pice and blank it or do u just not use the t pice.

there is a answer on the website but its not 100% clear, and its not a wicks rad. the rad can be used as electric only. and u turn the valve off when using it so how does it make any difference

thanks

You don't need a lockshield valve. My electric towel rail came with a T piece and a blank plate to that the towel rail element goes straight in therough the T piece and the 90

Have you got some corrosion inhibitor? I have some spare!

This is the blanking plug type thing

9766.gif

thanks pach.

i need to pick up a couple of blank plugs as the element has non with it.

the ones i usually fit have 1 or 2 blanks and say can be used on plumbed and non plumbed rads, this one says nothing.

so u used the t pice and blanked it, i might see if it goes in with out. not a bad idea about the drain cock.

thanks for the inhibitor but i will pick some up from screwfix its only

My element wouldn't screw home without the T piece - there was some barrier inside. Just make sure you get the right colour and sex blank! I got a copper drain cock for a chrome rad and get moaned at about it every now and again!

My element wouldn't screw home without the T piece - there was some barrier inside. Just make sure you get the right colour and sex blank! I got a copper drain cock for a chrome rad and get moaned at about it every now and again!
o i bet it lookes just plain afwfal dont u know collar and cuffs have to match

o;\ :)

just messing mate. thanks for the help, i will get some blanks and use the t pice, cant belive it dint come with one, might go for that drain cock idea