Training with the master

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voltimax

©CAHAGIYTYHE™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing electrical here, just a pic of me and Osaka Sensei of the Japanese Karate Association.

Won't mean anything to you guys I guess, but was a great honor for me to train with him as he's one of my Karate inspirations at 63 years of age. I hope I'm still training when I'm that age. Odd thing about these Karate masters, they look like they struggle to walk, but when it comes to punching and kicking, they move like they're in their 20's. Awesome!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Voltimax/OSAKA-1.jpg

Nothing electrical here, just a pic of me and Osaka Sensei of the Japanese Karate Association.Won't mean anything to you guys I guess, but was a great honor for me to train with him as he's one of my Karate inspirations at 63 years of age. I hope I'm still training when I'm that age. Odd thing about these Karate masters, they look like they struggle to walk, but when it comes to punching and kicking, they move like they're in their 20's. Awesome!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Voltimax/OSAKA-1.jpg
OMG you look like my old tae-kwon-do teacher:O

wise man once said - never trust a bloke with a beard :D
That be very true, cos they're lazy so and so's and can't be bothered to shave regularly. I shave once a week or sometimes once every two weeks. Ohh the shame :_|

I have done martial arts since I was 9, firstly Judo then moved on to Karate with some boxing thrown in along the way.

My all time favorite and most respected tutor was a guy called Niel Fagin once european champion. I met and trained with the England squad back in 1984 during a national exibition where I attended in Manchester.

I was the Licolnshire junior open champion back in 1974 at Judo but quit shortly after.

During my service with the Army I was an army Judo coach and an unarmed combat instructor which involved more Akido than karate.

My main interest is obviously Bruce Lee and kung Fu hence my choice of forum name, Kato was taken when I wanted to register a name on forums.

I have studied most martial arts and my uncle was a great influence on me as a teenager, as he was at the time very big in the live no hold barred full contact matches held all over the world.

I am now far too old and lazy to keep up with any training but I must admit I can still stretch myself, normaly part of a ritual party trick whilst drunk.

I still show my trophies and some mates are amazed that I even had the energy to participate knowing what I am like now.

Anyway I think I am rambling now so I will shut up.

GH I did Aikido too, to many years ago, though still remember some of the kata

Voltimax nihongo wa wakrimasu ka?

No. I don't understand Japanese. My Japanese is limited to the names of techniques and kata.
If you ever get the chance to learn do so, the Japanese really respect it and can open many doors especially if you can read it too

Latest posts