Un-Effing Believable!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that mutual respect thing? Yeah, that's why plasterers don't fill my boxes, rather they usually clean the boxes out for me if they have inadvertantly got a bit of plaster in there.

No point trying to convince me it is a good idea to leave cables out, I have never met a decent electrician or plasterer that would agree with that.
Plasterers with respect for anyone else? Where do you find those....

that's what i normally do - plasterer has no reason to fiddle then.
Probably an apprenticeship and not a 5 week course...... 

Plasterers with respect for anyone else? Where do you find those....
Proper trades working with proper trades,

Not much of that about these days mind,

I'll take some pix next time I'm on the job I'm doing at mo with proper trades on everything. 

I was on a site and had 1st fixed and plasterer was fitting new ceiling plasterboards. I pointed to my lighting cables and asked him to make sure he left them sticking out from the ceiling. He was from NI by the way. Came back after lunch and he had boarded and skimmed. No sign of any cables so I asked him where they were. His answer was priceless... (imagine NI accent as you read this) "surely you have a method of detecting the wires with a lil bleeper or sumtn....." I said "yeah, I'll show you my lil bleeper" I proceeded to my toolbox and got a 4lb hammer a smashed a head sized hole in the ceiling, popped my head in, located the cables and placed them where they needed to be... His jaw was on the floor by now. But he never again ever did that.

I was on a site and had 1st fixed and plasterer was fitting new ceiling plasterboards. I pointed to my lighting cables and asked him to make sure he left them sticking out from the ceiling. He was from NI by the way. Came back after lunch and he had boarded and skimmed. No sign of any cables so I asked him where they were. His answer was priceless... (imagine NI accent as you read this) "surely you have a method of detecting the wires with a lil bleeper or sumtn....." I said "yeah, I'll show you my lil bleeper" I proceeded to my toolbox and got a 4lb hammer a smashed a head sized hole in the ceiling, popped my head in, located the cables and placed them where they needed to be... His jaw was on the floor by now. But he never again ever did that.
Now that is a proper reply! :lol: