Undercut again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back today

wired the light up in rubber flex secured to decking

IP rated connection near base of light

,,plug on other end into exsisting ip rated socket

This is a problem that it seems we all have to deal with. I gave up negotiating my prices, I quote a price that is reasonable but make sure that I can make a living, otherwise I will seat at home and watch "Stargate"...

I spend a lot of time, during the first visit, to explain the customer about part P and BS7671, I explain what is involved in doing the job, for example; if a new CU is involved I say that I can get for them split load CU (and emphasize that it is safe) from B&Q for less than

My final point to the customer is: "If you decide not to use my services it is not a problem but make sure that who ever will do it is qualified and registered, and make sure that you will get all the relevant certificates. Do not worry if you got into trouble, I am not sulking you can call me again I will not take revenge..."

Thats a good point

if the other guy comes in cheaper but doesnt do a great job or customer not overjoyed you have left the door open for a return call from them