Underfloor Heating And Combi Boiler System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do i post pictures from my computer?

I hope this works. this is a graphic ive done to simplify the arrangement based on my limited knowlege as you can see there are some question marks!!

what make and model is the programmer?

we need to know so we can tell if the hold off terminal has been used, same with the stats, make and model of those too please

not all timeclocks have an OFF terminal, in that case it will be incompatible, same with the stats,

stats will need 4core and earth to utilise the hold off for what ever zone is calling for heat

A "professional" did that?
NO, 

programmer will need 5cores and earth to wiring centre

where does the unmarked cable go?

best starting again with a Y plan wiring diagram, use 'HW' as 'UFH', and wire 'cylinder stat' as UFH room stat & 2 channel programmer. your UFH stat also needs to be 4c & E for the 'off' signal. unless it doesnt need a neutral, then you can use the existing 3c&e

If your builders 'electrician' cant understand it, tell him to get a proper electrician

The boiler is a Worcester bosh with the optional programmer(not used)

The room stat/programmer is in named but I have the instructions , they say it's a BYC 07HE PRIG TOUCH SCREEN STAT.

The UFH is by heatmiser UH2.

The junction box is originally from the gravity fed system installed from new.

Dave

I dont think that programmer is any use, I think its probably only a single channel,

unless you want to have one of the zones on permanently,

you really need a proper 2channel programmer, and seperate stats

what you have doesnt appear to be suitable for what you need. it may work as a S plan, but not as Y without additional alterations, like a relay to generate a 'UFH off' signal

basically, someone is way out of their depth and cant follow a basic Y plan wiring diagram...

I think we have three programmers in this system now!!! One in the UFH which is set to perm on. One as part of the boiler, installed at builders insistence to give an extra tap or something . And a new room stat/ prog installed so the boiler can stay on? I have no idea if any of them are 2 Chanel ??

probably not 2 channel. if they were, they would control 2 things, i.e have a 'DHW' & 'CH' control. having 3 programmers is just going to complicate things. best to have 1 programmer, and a stat in each location.

as Andy says,

it seems like they have no idea what they are doing and just botching stuff up and hoping it will sort of work,

its a mess, and they have overcomplicated a basic heating system,

1 2channel programmer and 2 stats is all that is required.

its simple stuff to be honest

We do have two stats. One in the extension controlling the UFH set to always on. And one in the hall for the CH which operates the CH programme. Both successfully trigger the boiler but not the position of the 3 port valve! I would be happy to get flow to both or just UFH as when the UFH is on I don't want CH unless it's programmed to be on. I'm happy for the UFH to be on all the time as it will keep the floor topped up! I can increase or decrease it manually using the stat as I'll be at home. I need the CH to be programmed as I'll either be at work or asleep when I want it on!

Latest posts