Up, up & away.............

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody ( :xMrs. KME:x) has got me hot air balloon flights for my berfday. Can`t go today (the nearest is Oxford!), so we`re going on Tuesday evening, all being well with the weather. :x

We`ve been to the balloon fiestas for a few years now, but never been up in one - should provide some wonderful photies :) :) :)

KME is one happy bunny today - even though I`m technically older now :( :(

Who cares - I don`t.

Off out for a meal - CU later all

KME

Today - Your Birthday? You aren't down on the calender Mate?

Anyway, Sounds Fab! Have a nice time. I remember the Birthday Prezzie that Mrs KME Spoiled you with Last Year.

Listen, Have a great Birthday don't have too Many beers,

Best Regards,

Admin. :x

Have one or two of these, after all, they are Yours. :)

Guinness Guinness

I`m not down on the calendar???

That`s odd - the forum sent me a berfday email this morning!

Thanks both - I`ll put up some photos of the trip ;)

n.b. If anybody fancies that idea of a forum meet-up, we`ll be at the Bristol Balloon fiesta on the 12-15th Aug. If you`ve never been - it`s a hell of a day out ;) Lots for the kids to do & see, not expensive, and the "night glow" is a really special sight :)

I`m not down on the calendar???That`s odd - the forum sent me a berfday email this morning!
You are down as Private, Mate. Therefore, no of us can see you. :(

You need to (if you wish to) edit your profile and where it say Birthday, you need to select "Display age" or "Displaybirthday" or words to those effects. :) (You will then show at the bottom of the forum on the Front Index Page).

Anyway, look forward to those pics. :)

Happy Birthday old bloke :Applaud :Applaud

hot air baloon nice pressie

wont get me up in one of those

Did a balloon trip 10+ years ago over the desert outside Phoenix, when the burners not on its a great way to fly, until you get a bit close to 100kV pylons :p

Tips

1) Stay away from the burner - it chucks out a lot of heat

2) It may be hot on the ground but cools as you rise, so have a top just in case

3) Don't rock the basket :^O

Happy birthday mate,

we will club together and buy you the parachute your wife omitted from the deal :)

Last time I went up in a ballon was for some parachute training, it was fixed to land by cables at a set hieght and had a big hole in the bottom.

Never had a pleasure flight in one but I believe they are amazing.

Guinness

default_good%20luck.gif

Awww, Fanks all.

Well, I`ve cooled me head down now (flip, it gets hot up there, by all that propane.....)

Mrs. KME has "sort of" recovered from the fumes (VERY strong smell of gas up there), for over 1 1/2 hours!

OK - here`s the fun bit. We took off, and flew at an average (ish) speed of 9 MPH, for 1.5 hours. How many miles did we travel, by minibus, to return to the start position?

Closest to the correct answer gets a prize from the second shelf.

Happy belated birthday! :D

OK - here`s the fun bit. We took off, and flew at an average (ish) speed of 9 MPH, for 1.5 hours. How many miles did we travel, by minibus, to return to the start position?
It's a trick question - 2miles :D

1. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the holiday.....2. No. You`re miles out:^O
oh and belated happy burfday kme, didnt know till now it was your urfday so many happy belated returns.

quick question, does any one know how i can build a chitty chitty bang bang car and make it fly, (flyings not going to be too difcult ill use a cherry picker arm, but what about the car itself any ideas on where i could find what parts id need? cheers guys sorry to hijack the thread :^O :^O