Veritas 8 Alarming When Passing Sensor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for replys.

I changed the key pad position yesterday and zone 2 is now working ok (not alarming when in unset) thats all i did disconected the four wires moved the key pad reconected wires and zone 2 stoped alarming??. I also set up zones correct after. Good test all ok.

Still dont know why it was alarming.

Thanks for replys.

I changed the key pad position yesterday and zone 2 is now working ok (not alarming when in unset) thats all i did disconected the four wires moved the key pad reconected wires and zone 2 stoped alarming??. I also set up zones correct after. Good test all ok.

Still dont know why it was alarming.
Do,you mean the zones WERE correct. Or that they are NOW CORRECT?

I fail to,see how disconnecting 4 wires AND THEN PUTTING THEM BACK IN EXACTLY the same place could have cured this 'fault'

But i know little of these things

Could it be

?

Hmmm....
I changed keypad possition only then tested, all ok.

Then i set up zones and retested all ok.

Do,you mean the zones WERE correct. Or that they are NOW CORRECT?

I fail to,see how disconnecting 4 wires AND THEN PUTTING THEM BACK IN EXACTLY the same place could have cured this 'fault'

But i know little of these things
Zone 2 was entry exit not on 24hr or panic.

I changed possition of keypad and everything was ok. I too don't know why "disconnecting 4 wires AND THEN PUTTING THEM BACK IN EXACTLY the same place could have cured this 'fault'"

I then changed zones, zone 2 now inhibited entry. tested again ok.

Then i set up zones and retested all ok.
As you have been told (several times) above is how you solved the problem.

Try looking at it this way. You had a problem, you moved some bits, reprogrammed some stuff, no more problem.

It can't be moving the bits that solved it, it has to be the reprogramming that solved it.

As you have been told (several times) above is how you solved the problem.

Try looking at it this way. You had a problem, you moved some bits, reprogrammed some stuff, no more problem.

It can't be moving the bits that solved it, it has to be the reprogramming that solved it.
FFS. Try reading my posts properly.

Well this thread is going round in circles now. Moving a keypad does not change zone functions. If your Veritas is magical/psychic then great.

Lets just leave it at that.

FFS. Try reading my posts properly.
many of us here install veritas alarm quite often, and can program them without looking at the manual. we know them a lot more than you. the simple fact is, the only way you could have had that problem is if you had the panel programmed wrong.

if you want to still think you fixed it by moving the rkp, then fine, believe that. however that alone cannot have removed your fault.