Vodafone :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My contracts due to end in April 2012 and wanted to upgrade early as the batteries not lasting too long now on an iPhone 3GS. I'm with vodafone

Comes down to cost and how much you use on your contract,do you use all your minutes and texts at the moment if not move to a lower tarrif or find a comparble contract else were,

May be a provider to look at could be tesco cheep and they piggyback the o2 network so coverage should be on a par with voda.

Last edited by a moderator:
M4tty I've been with T Mobile since the phone was a brick with a car battery strapped to it and have always had good service and good coverage so no complaints.

I don't have complicated phones TBH ( iPlods , Raspberrys etc) ( They update handset free every 2 years ) I don't like changing handsets so give them to the Missus .

Take into account :-

a) Only have one job running

B) Not much work coming in

c) TMobile Loyalty bonus

d) I rarely text ( Irritating)

e) I don't access the internet from it

f) Local landine calls are free to a limit.

Last months bill

i just upgraded to a blackberry curve on vodafone

300 mins 500 texts 5mb internet

Well I'm a firm believer in PAYG and cheap phones.

I don't make many calls, most of the time I receive them, so PAYG is best for me.

And I just want a basic phone, certainly nothing expensive as it gets too many knocks and bashes.

Currently using a Samsung phone bought for

Plus if you get a new phone you old iphone will be worth at least

Last time I went in to buy a battery members of staff came out to stare at my phone ,the chipped plastic,the keys with no numbers on, the unreadable screen ,the tywrap holding the back on were all examined like so many archeologists finding the Holy Grail, giving each other knowing looks , then says I can buy two phones for the cost of the battery .

Never understand how people have the time to use the internet when working. I am old fashioned like Deke and only need a phone for calls and the odd text most texts are forwarding jokes. I am with 02 as that is about the most realiable provider in my area. pay about

Never understand how people have the time to use the internet when working.
I went with 3 on a one plan "All-you-can-eat Data"

Im with o2 now for over 10years, I have unlimited o2 calls, which when I got the first one manx telecom were still a direct part of o2 and not a subsiduary like they are now, so when I upgraded I made sure I still got unlimited calls to manx telecom,

Im on the phone to the isle of man for about 3 or 4 hours a month, particularly coming up to and during race season, so that pays itself easily, otherwise I would be charged international call rate!

the other major outgoing I make is to N Ireland,2 or 3 hours a month and more during race season, again o2 is the best coverage there so most people are on o2, more free calls for me, :D

I have a Sony Ericsson X10 Android

My mum works for voda, and most places are charging a small amount for the 4s as its the latest one out, but the Iphone 4 is FOC they arnt charging for that one, as mentioned ask for your PAC code from retentions or ask to speak to someone more superior! just dont lose your rag with them on the phone as they are told to disconnect the call at the slightest hint of voice raising!

I do have a vodafone PAYG also but very rarely use it unless an old customer rings me on it. That also works OK in my area but as my contract is with 02 no point in having two phones really and deffinately not two on contract.