wash-house

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gelgel010297

Reaction score
i am insulating and boarding out my wash-house and making it into a new room, i have a fused spur in my wash house and i am going to add a few new sockets in a ring from it, i also want to add a radial from the ring for the washer and dryer with another fused spur. any help and tips are greatly appreciated. is this okay to pass inspection ?

you dont install a ring from a fused spur. pass what inspection? a MWC should be completed (maybe EIC). it may also need to be notified to LABC in advance

i mean get it checked by a qualified spark after am finished, i have a double socket attached to the spur i was gonna run it from there not the actual spur just wrote it wrong. obviously i will have to up the board breaker but just wondered if it would be okay to run them this way ? i have applied for permission and still waiting reply. just starting to plan it ready

i mean get it checked by a qualified spark after am finished, i have a double socket attached to the spur i was gonna run it from there not the actual spur just wrote it wrong. obviously i will have to up the board breaker but just wondered if it would be okay to run them this way ? i have applied for permission and still waiting reply. just starting to plan it ready
the best you could get is something unofficial from a spark. no-one other than a building inspector can 'sign off' other peoples work. or you could get a PIR, which will report condition of installation but will not cover any new work

and more importantly, you cannot just 'up' a breaker. unless your happy with your house burning down and your insurance being void.

john passes andy a glass of chilled wine and gently strokes his forehead ..

i dont mind it burning down if our lass is in it. ha ha. i am getting my words mixed up a bit, been a long day. will have to get a higher rated trip than the current one if i add six double sockets wont i ?

i dont mind it burning down if our lass is in it. ha ha. i am getting my words mixed up a bit, been a long day. will have to get a higher rated trip than the current one if i add six double sockets wont i ?
like i said before, you cannot just change a breaker to a higher rating.

Some things you have to consider (and there will be more)

VD

size of cable

thermal insulation

Cable grouping

ambient temp

R1R2/Zs

unbalanced ring

okay mate thanks. my mate is a sparky when he gets back from his hols al get him to have a look and tell me what i need exactly.

Some things you have to consider (and there will be more)

VD
Blushing

I had heard that Geordies don't get on well with them from Sunderland but we know nothing about his sexual history..............

;)

okay mate thanks. my mate is a sparky when he gets back from his hols al get him to have a look and tell me what i need exactly.
Andy has given you good advice from the heart, there is far more involved than just stickin something in that works.

He will be the first to give you sound advise, because his take on things is this, he would rather you do everything right than ignore all advise and do it your own way.

He is not being personal, or nasty, just a case of matter of fact if your going to do it, then do it right.

I respect Andy' s advise and I am far older.

My advise is this if Andy says be carefull, I say listen to him.

the mackem and geordie thing matters nowt till match day, where my familys safety is concerned i take serious advice before attepting anything. thanks anyway everybody.

the mackem and geordie thing matters nowt till match day, where my familys safety is concerned i take serious advice before attepting anything. thanks anyway everybody.
not bothered about football, but either way, im closer to sunderland than newcastle!

Latest posts