water descaler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrocuted

Reaction score
First merry christmas everyone,

I was just thinking do any of the gizmos sold that attach to the pipe really work, either the basic one which is 2 magnets attached to the pipe or the one where a wire

http://www.dynapipe.co.uk/

any help appreciated.

Do they 'eckers like! IMO

There are similar products marketed toward car drivers, making all sorts of claims that they can save you fuel using all sorts of magnetic or molecular trickery. Their claims cannot be reliably proven, which means in this country their ads cannot be banned. In the US, however, anyone advertising a product can be required to prove their claims in court. A group of manufacturers of these devices were taken to court and asked to do just that. They failed and their ads were banned. Buyer beware.

First merry christmas everyone,I was just thinking do any of the gizmos sold that attach to the pipe really work, either the basic one which is 2 magnets attached to the pipe or the one where a wire

http://www.dynapipe.co.uk/

any help appreciated.
Like you i was skeptical about the claims made, and i have very hard water here. I bit the bullet and tried one from a UK shopping channel ''Scale Wizard'' as it came with a 10 year guarantee and a 3 month money back warranty.

All i can tell you is that it worked for me!! So much so that i purchased another one for the rental property i also have here. I now get little if any scale build up on taps and shower head as i used too, the kettle is as good as free from limescale build up.

I also had to replace the immersion heater in my solar system tank, when i took the old element out, literary no limescale on the element or in the tank at all!!! I could go on, but save to say, as far as i'm conserned they work, ....and work Well!!! ...At least the units i have work anyway!!

I think you have to be very very careful with what you buy. I know plumbers who have fitted all sorts of water softeners - all with little or little to no degree of success. The one that my old man uses and swears by is a big salt under counter unit which sits in his utility room. Costly to maintain and about

As far as i know Cirrus, water softeners work on a completly different set of parameters, and as you say are expensive to buy and to run.

Lime scale inhibitors, at least my unit, ...works on the principle of polarising the lime content making it less prone to stick to surfaces. They do not soften the water in any way shape or form.

I am pretty convinced my internal plumbing has benefited from the installation of my unit, as the outside taps (which are before the unit and so not protected as such) still show the signs of Lime scale build-up and have to be cleaned fairly often with a commercial grade limescale remover....

Can only add that one of the consumer programmes ,some years ago , demonstrated how various water softeners had a massive build up of bacteria within them , about the same time they showed the same thing for Perrier Bottled Water .

I remember their experiment that tested many bottled waters for taste /bacteria etc

The one that came out OK turned out to be Manchester tap water.

We don't get hard water here as we steal it from the Elan Valley , (don't tell Admin !! )

Thanks for that, ....I was toying with the idea of getting some form of water softener over here, ..don't think I'll bother now, as if Bacteria is a big problem in the UK temperatures, it'll be a massive problem in our much warmer climate!!!! ...Toooo dammed Riskyyyyy !! ...lol!!!

Latest posts