Weapons of war...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Apache) You can cut floorboards like butter - as does a circular saw without hitting stuff bellow.(Apache) you can also cut a square hole - four holes and a jigsaw or plasterboard saw or hole saw and plasterboard saw

(Apache) 5mm off the bottom of a skirting board - we are fitting electrics not laminate

(Apache) Also fantastic detail sanders - we are sparks not French polishers

(Sirsparkabit) I have the bosch one, the blades are pricey so i only use it if necessary.

Ryobi 18v circular great for floorboards (nice thin blade) use it all the time. - by your own post the circular is more use.

(Sirsparkabit) Try getting a circular saw to cut through a floorboard tight to a skirting - Boards perpendicular to skirting just use a sharp chisel to split the last couple of inches of tongue off, boards parallel to skirting not a problem.

I can see the use of this tool but for the amount of times it would come out of the van I think you need the circular before this.
I`m with you on this one bud - saw a tiler using one 2 years ago. Thought at the time "Handy tool, but not something I`m likely to use!"

Have fish-rods / tapes been mentioned?

P.S.

A cheep circular saw will romp through a long run of floorboard..

and cut though nails (few sparks) and keep running!

Have fish-rods / tapes been mentioned?P.S.

A cheep circular saw will romp through a long run of floorboard..

and cut though nails (few sparks) and keep running!
Beta max or VHS ?? Blushing