Web Viewing Dedicated Micros Ds2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some help web viewing a DS2 ,

I have reset the DVR , and when I boot up my webviewer, and input the DVR ip address, it asks me for a name and PW,

as far as I can ascertain the name 'should' be dm , and the pw is  web

nothing is happening when I input these.

any ideas.?

This will be no help,but i had problems with this, so got the tech guy at the premises to help (had to get him to set it up on his network anyhow)

We have this kit only on one job (16 channel), one problem we have had a few times is  the customer cant review some footage so asks us. The DVR has somehow reverted to recording one input onto all 16 channels :C   Reboot it and its ok ?  Customer support is of no real help, mumbling about glitches in the power supply. They even had the unit back for 'a service' & check. The customer now reviews a minute or so every Monday morning just to check.

user and password or admin and password
I dont know how to make that best answer, but it works,  :D

2nd part,

how do access from outside network,?

ie, on the android app for example, what do I put as address?  static ip as  192.168.x.x:192.168.x.x   or some other configuration ?

steps do you have the static ip address is the computer windows and have you got netviewer do you have teamviewer
yes

no

no

no

I have a static ip

I have netVu observer on Android

Im sort of needing to figure out how I negotiate 2 ips,

I can access the ip of my network from outside, how do I extend this address to access my DVR ?  I suppose is my question,

I have the address of the block, I just need to find the right flat?

Canoeboy said:
Teamviewer for Linux

On a draytek you just need to set up port forwarding to the internal LAN address for the camera viewing 
ah, thats that thingie I have, forgot about that, I used it with you, didnt I ?

Ive been using something else last couple of times,

have it going good now on the internal network, am gonna fire up the draytek in a bit and see if I can get the basics configured to connect to t'internet

I could be gone for quite some time   :C

Canoeboy said:
A quick google and i came up with this

Don't click this Sprocket if you are faint hearted - This is hard core for the likes of Steptoe ;slap
yer, I was told to go there actually by my BB provider,

didnt know how trustworthy it was tho, they ask you for your ips etc,  :|

the site tells you to input your ips etc into its input boxes to test your ports etc,

I'll give it a whirl on the screenshots, without inputting any of my data into the site.

funnily enough

NO.

was actually thinking about that today, will have a blatter at it tomorrow and see how it goes,

Ive got an old router to install to extend my wi-fi, so will try and have a go then,

I did read somewhere that it might be better setting it to DCHP first and letting the router assign the IP, then locking it back to static,

I still think Im not getting the right ports opened though,  :C

on the dm set your network as the static ip the let the dm reboot. your static ip is the one set by the provider ie ours is 80.219.127.xx for example but our dm unit ip as static set is 192.168.0.xx the router then should see on your attached devices page in the menu of router the dm. the dm port number is usually 8234 from memory. as standard if you can wait a week or so ill be up north one of the saturdays to take a look if you wanted .