WEEE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, WEEE

should maybe get another of these that reads WEEE instead..

PartPee.gif

what a load of ballcocks
yes, but i think the binman may say something if they keep noticing all kinds of electrical waste in the bin (but old fluorescent fittings/TVs/cookers/ovens are disposed of responsibly... local scrapman....)

yes, but i think the binman may say something if they keep noticing all kinds of electrical waste in the bin (but old fluorescent fittings/TVs/cookers/ovens are disposed of responsibly... local scrapman....)
do you not leave it for customer to get rid of? No need for waste carrier licence etc?

A neighbour had some work done and he left a bag of rubbish.

do you not leave it for customer to get rid of? No need for waste carrier licence etc?A neighbour had some work done and he left a bag of rubbish.
its more commercial stuff to get rid of. changing fluorescent tubes, SON/MH lamps etc

as a general rule, all rubbish is taken away to be 'recycled' (i.e it has a use, so its not 'waste' so doesnt need a waste carrier licence.... or something along those lines

There is a surcharge on each tube you buy, for disposal. You should be able to return them to the wholesalers who are supposed to be geared up for WEEEEE!!

Its the same with car tyres.

Deke

There is a surcharge on each tube you buy, for disposal. You should be able to return them to the wholesalers who are supposed to be geared up for WEEEEE!!Its the same with car tyres.

Deke
I'd agree with Deke on this, little while back I had to uncover the WEEE policies of my vendors (when in the computer trade), most don't like the fact that they have a responsibility to deal with old kit, this also includes the likes of Currys, Argos etc, so if you buy a new TV or any other piece of electronics from these guys they MUST offer to take it back for disposal when it dies, if I recall they also are meant to take the dead kit that you are replacing too!, as you can imagine these companies don't like the idea at all

One of our clients has an area set aside all waste electrical products such as broken printers, kitchen equipment etc. They also have recycling containers for used Fluorescent tubes.

All wholesalers have to charge a WEEE charge by law when they sell you any fluorescent lamps, sodiums, etc , so just return the old ones to them for disposal as you paid for it when you purchased the new one.

All wholesalers have to charge a WEEE charge by law when they sell you any fluorescent lamps, sodiums, etc , so just return the old ones to them for disposal as you paid for it when you purchased the new one.
So how do the likes of sf get away with not take the old ones back.

Batty