Weird earth fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sl..

But getting the neutral upstairs is a mammoth task...

(For the Landlord, that is, in terms of expense..)

:D

Thanks Sl..But getting the neutral upstairs is a mammoth task...

(For the Landlord, that is, in terms of expense..)

Do you mean you will have to get a bigger wallet to carry home the additional payment! :) :^O :^OGuiness Drink

I reckon, at the end of this job - He can retire in a villa next to Mr D's.

Well, having never experineced one of these before, one doesn't really know where to start...Very frustrating that my first 17th CU, and I get one.. :_|

Anyway, having been given good advice here.. :p I preceeded to find the problem today..............

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees when things go wrong...

Anyway:

Landing ceiling rose (heart of the problem)

Took the bull by the horns and got Landlord to pull carpet and flooring up, immediately above (Loft conversion:^ O)

And there it was, inaccessable JB...

Supplying Neutral & CPC (plus loop lives to rose).......

(And I could see switch wire from downstairs lighting circuit aswell)

Sods law my first 17th, should get this....

Now the easy bit getting the Neutral upstairs... :eek:

right, but someone else can pitch in their tuppence here, its not really that uncommon a ting on landing lights.

when I was serving my time it was done deal, landing light wired in single red from downstairs switch, and Neutral from upstairs circuit.!

pm for a cheat if you want.

right, but someone else can pitch in their tuppence here, its not really that uncommon a ting on landing lights.when I was serving my time it was done deal, landing light wired in single red from downstairs switch, and Neutral from upstairs circuit.!

pm for a cheat if you want.
Be my guest...

:)

We can look after ourselves. We all promise to be goodPray
you speak for yourself apache!!!

Some of us...

DONT WANT LOOKIN AFTER] :) ]:) ] :) ]:) ; \ ; \ ; \ ; \ ; \ :eek: :O:O;)Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

not even by ourselves!!!

you speak for yourself apache!!!Some of us...

DONT WANT LOOKIN AFTER] :) ]:) ] :) ]:) ; \ ; \ ; \ ; \ ; \ :eek: :O:O;)Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

not even by ourselves!!!
(I was trying to get rid of Admin 2 then we could do whatever we want)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't tell her ;)