what happened to honest speaking?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
I don't want this to turn into an argument, I'm not trying to start a debate on the individual examples here, that's been done before no doubt. What I'm interested in is why people don't ask the right questions.

I turned on the news this morning and there were 2 news items that caught my eye.

1 There was a discussion about the increased levels of homelessness in the uk, with a figure of 3000 rough sleepers in the northwest alone. There was a bloke on and he was saying that if Labour get in they'll ringfence  a number of homes to house the homeless.

Now hang on a moment, we're bringing in all these so called refugee's from around the world and yet nobody has the guts to ask how we can house outsiders when we can't house our own! Why?

2 They are talking about 5g mobile yet state that 80% of the uk cannot get 4g, surely they should sort out what we have before bringing out something new? the 5g uses the same masts and equipment so if you haven't got 4g then you won't get 5g! Why does nobody ask why they aren't dealing with it?

By the way things are run today  if cars were just being made we'd have no roads we'd still be running on cart tracks, oh wait, the way they are not maintaining the roads it looks like were on our way back to cart tracks

Well to answer your questions Phil you have to look at the bigger picture.

1) the number of homeless-as in sleeping on the streets, is a very small percentage of the population and given all countries have a small percentage of homeless then it is deemed acceptable. 

2) we bring and house the refugees in vast numbers to demonstrate that UK Plc is a compassionate country and this goes down well within the meetings of country leaders. 

( I often wonder if the current group of leaders should perhaps invite all of the country leaders and therefore have a greater area to spread the refugees - oh my mistake if all country leaders participated then there would be no refugees! ) 

2 They are talking about 5g mobile yet state that 80% of the uk cannot get 4g, surely they should sort out what we have before bringing out something new? the 5g uses the same masts and equipment so if you haven't got 4g then you won't get 5g! Why does nobody ask why they aren't dealing with it?

I think the regulators and Government need to take away the "masts" from the operators and put them in 1 not for profit business. Then ALL UK phones can have proper in country roaming and then the majority of us would never have a "dead" spot again.

5G is all about fleecing people........

1) totally agree. You should not be allowed in unless you have the ability to support yourself. but say that and you are labelled "racist". No, it's about not wanting to over crowd one of the most densely populated countries any more and burden the already over stretched public spending any more. Try turning up unskilled, homeless and with no money at the Australian border and see where that gets you.

2) we have a weak 2g signal at home (I have a booster that makes it just about usable) you have to go into town to get 3g. I have heard there is a 4g somewhere but certainly not here, and 5g? We will never get that.  Up here a phone is useful for erm, making phone calls and that's about all.

I don't want this to turn into an argument, I'm not trying to start a debate on the individual examples here, that's been done before no doubt. What I'm interested in is why people don't ask the right questions.

I turned on the news this morning and there were 2 news items that caught my eye.

1 There was a discussion about the increased levels of homelessness in the uk, with a figure of 3000 rough sleepers in the northwest alone. There was a bloke on and he was saying that if Labour get in they'll ringfence  a number of homes to house the homeless.

Now hang on a moment, we're bringing in all these so called refugee's from around the world and yet nobody has the guts to ask how we can house outsiders when we can't house our own! Why?

By the way things are run today  if cars were just being made we'd have no roads we'd still be running on cart tracks, oh wait, the way they are not maintaining the roads it looks like were on our way back to cart tracks
Politics & honest speaking  don't go together Phil .....never did ...never will.     

If you just take the EU  business...  I was around when they talked us into joining the "Common Market"    All they told the people was , we are just joining a much bigger market place where we will buy & sell without tariffs being imposed.  

Sounds good to me ,.. Yep! I'll vote for that  what can go wrong ?

Latest posts