What's this?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisIV

Reaction score
DSC00522_bright_contrast_small-1.jpg

I'm in my second term of studying 2330, so I'm a little green. I went to have a look at a domestic service intake today, and where I was expecting to see a cut-out fuse, I saw this. Sorry about the poor quality photo, I couldn't get much light in there.

Does anyone know what this cast iron hunk is?

LouisIV

Get them changed. Last time I did a CU change and found cloth covered meter tails, I called the DNO (southern electric) and told them it was unsafe, and they came straight away on a Sunday and changed them without question.

The also replaced the seals on both the fuse and the meter which were missing when I got there :) again without question.

Is the betterware catalogue equally old ????? Do not read it or you may fall for its magical, spell binding, plastic accessories without which your life will be incomplete :eek: :O:O:O ROTFWL :coat

Is the betterware catalogue equally old ????? Do not read it or you may fall for its magical, spell binding, plastic accessories without which your life will be incomplete :eek: :O:O:O ROTFWL :coat
:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud:ApplaudROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

I wondered where I had left me Beterware catalogue! :(

is my order still tucked inside page 6?

if it is can you put it out on the front step before the bloke comes back round Saturday afternoon? :pray

Thanks for that folks. I had another look today, and it has 'Lucy Oxford' embossed on it in various places. Yes - I can see now that it is a 3 phase box. Only one phase is in use - it's in a friend's home.

The incoming cable is wrapped in white PVC. I couldn't see any cloth anywhere - mainly because the rest of the covering is a build-up of years of black labrador hair. I suppose you might call that a cloth of some sort :D

@Blinky - what were you doing in my friend's house? And why did you leave your Betterware Catalogue there?

Latest posts