Which cert??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to post this for a while now but just haven't got around to it.

It's regarding the connection of residential homes (posh mobiles to you and me).

What I do after they are sited is remove the existing IP box off the SWA and connect up a new one which incorporates a main switch, 32A B type MCB and a meter. I fit this into a recessed meter box and connect the unit to it with 4.0mm 3core artic.

I carry out all tests on the new box and cable, but only RCD and operational tests on the unit!

So back to the question... what cert??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think thats a EIC as you are changing the protective device.

Minor works cert can't be used for "replacement switchgear incorporating protective devices for more than one circuit" or "modifications to more than one circuit" (main protective device?).

So for me it's an EIC

My apologies, I read the initial question as "connection of residential home (posh mobiles to you and me)" and assumed lighting + power etc :coat

Just thought I would give my tuppence worth. I agree with you all, it should be an EIC, have had the same problem with mobile units (portacabins and containers) used as offices, living quarters and workshops etc. Ended up phoning the I.E.T to make sure where I stood legally, due to the fact that these particular mobile units needed to have a periodic inspection every year. So I wanted to know if I could connect the supply without the unit having a Certificate. Anyway the Certificate I had to complete was the EIC.