Which sds drill

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im kicking myself for not buying the bosch 36v with 3 (1.3AH batterys) from screwfix for

Hi Binky,

Actually the erbauer I've been using is a 4 or 6kg one. Can't remember which. It lasted well but has died now. The erbauer 6 kg has a good review on screwfix and at the price could be appealing. Trouble is I don't want another situation where the tool dies when needed most. Having said that, that is the only time it would die!

Fitz

Have you checked those brushes yet?

Or even the trigger switch?

Or a break in the mains lead where it enters the handle?

All things like that are repairable for a fraction the cost of a new drill. We are electricians after all, so should be able to repair electrical faults on our power tools.

Mine will only get scrapped when the motor burns out or the gearbox tears itself apart. Any electrical fault will be fixed.

Have you checked those brushes yet?Or even the trigger switch?

Or a break in the mains lead where it enters the handle?

All things like that are repairable for a fraction the cost of a new drill. We are electricians after all, so should be able to repair electrical faults on our power tools.

Mine will only get scrapped when the motor burns out or the gearbox tears itself apart. Any electrical fault will be fixed.
Dave, all good points and I will check them hopefully today.

Brushes is the only possible from your list but even that doesn't seem right for the symptoms. We'll see though.

Fitz

How can an opinion which differs from yours be "ballda dash"?Did the OP say he was looking for a cordless SDS?

Are you sure you've got "rotar" stop?

How "big" are those batteries?
straight to the point i like this guy . :)

why would you buy a corded drill in the day and age . ??????
1, Your on a premises and all you have used your battery drill until its flat.

2, Your on a construction site with 110v hook ups every where.

3, Battery drills are a target for theft.

4, 110v work harder for longer

5, 110v cost much less to buy on average

why would you buy a corded drill in the day and age . ??????
Every sds cordless I have seen has rotostop for 'light chipping' not channeling a wall out.

Not sure if you knew but we also sell Makita on our web site, it is really good kit, maybe have a look at the link below.

We keep this one in stock but if you don't see what you like we can get anything from the range.

If you need any help or advise, as a sponsor, you can get hold of me via the link on the home page isswww.co.uk;)

http://isswww.co.uk/Makita-Drills/Makita/Makita-BHR202RFE-18v-SDS--Rotary-Hammer/

the 36 volt bosch is the only drill i use, 42mm core bits no problem, chasing out no problem, chopping out flue holes no problem,

as for battery life i have 2 batteris 3Ah and also carry an inverter in the van. flat batteries have never ben an issue.

i also have a makita corded in the van, i have not used it since buying the bosch 12 months ago. even in a domestic property everything i use is cordless,

health and safety, no trip hazard, no need for pat testing,

OP asked for reccomendations ... nothing compares . :)

it out performs the makita in power and speed also the chopping action is stronger and more powerful...

i have just removed the plaster from the walls in a terrace house 3 stories every wall and ceiling, chased in pipes and cables were necesary and the only thing i used was the cordless with a 3 inch blade, theonly time i changed tool wasto remove 4 chimmneys and changed to the 11LB bosch with a 4 inch spade.

4394718586_b9e3663003.jpg
4394742286_6060d4280b.jpg

I dont mean to sound a nob here but dont those T&Es need capping or can it be done away with now with using RCDs?

walls will dot and dabbed. :) no need for capping

capped if roughed out. :)

well spotted. :)

mind you its work in progress second fixed temperary for the build to carry on .

Capping only protects the cable from the plasterers trowel nothing more. I hardly ever use it as I tend to fill my chases to near skim level anyway.

Capping only protects the cable from the plasterers trowel nothing more. I hardly ever use it as I tend to fill my chases to near skim level anyway.
+1

capping is NOT protection,

its only there to stop the plasterer snagging a cable.

nothing to do with RCD protection or anything else, thats why it also comes in pvc.

i do like to see capping but its purely old habits die hard . :)
when I weas serving my time everything had to be chased out and put in conduit!

usually 20mm pvc, unless it was a stone wall then you were allowed to use 5/8 or 3/4 oval,

and being the apprentice it was me had to do the kango'ing !!!!

no fancy wall chasers with hoovers then.! :|

+1capping is NOT protection,

its only there to stop the plasterer snagging a cable.

nothing to do with RCD protection or anything else, thats why it also comes in pvc.
So you can chop out lay your cable and just fill with plaster with no need for the capping?

mmmmmm.......... did not know that. Must be a mith as i have always been told to cap everything.

Whats the crack with galv trunking?

Just finished my 2330 level 2 and starting level 3 in sep hence the questions. cheers