Which solar pv software?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Hi people, hope all is well. I'm currently working my way through the endless amounts of documents, procedures and forms for my mcs accreditation with napit. I was just wondering what sites or software is best for working out the calcs? Is there a certain piece of software they prefer?

What calcs buddy? Most of them are fairly simple mathematical equations.
Hi steps. I have quoted a couple of potential jobs with my own generation calculations but I'm not sure if the mcs guy wants to see it done through a piece of software. I have had a play around with saps and that seems easy enough. Im trying to cover every base because the paperwork side is mind blowing for a one man company.

SMA/sunnyboy have some easy to use stuff on the website, it may even be in the downloads section here.

FME MCS seem more concerned with correct installation rather than generation calcs, how do you know how much sun will shine? At best its a guesstimate. As long as you have something sensible on paper you should be OK.

The paperwork is a nightmare!