Wholesaler prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wholesaler prices... don't get me started!!

I'll get you a quote from up here, I found a guy who I think may be laundering money!

Wholesaler pricing varies more than the weather!

Nothing is ever consistant with them, even if you're a regular customer, the pricing still varies each time you visit.They might do you a great deal on one or two items and then sting you on others - but its too much hassle to keep running about to different places.

I am actually finding screwfix to be quite competitive on some things (for the run of the mill stuff like Crabtree accessories they are quite good) - Anything else forget it.

D.

I'm in Glasgow Badge...

I agree with Dong on screwfix, I find them really competitive for some things and you find good deals if your luck is in when you're on.

I bought some energy saving lamps for a customer recently (from Srcewfix), pack size wasn't on the website so I actually called to check. She got it wrong. Tried to order 15 and they sent me 15 packs of 4 for around about 40 quid... around 66p each. My money laundering wholesaler wanted about

Screwfix are getting worse for what they (dont) stock. even standard crabtree blank plates are now 'web exclusive'
and for some of their pricing :_| they are being very greedy on prices, thought at one time they were trade only, but htye seem to be more interested in the diy market lately, this doesnt help with any scheme providers of part p though, as usual just another money maiking rip off scam for the trade and the diyer doesnt get any problem with getting stuff for their house including CU's and MAINS TAILS :eek:

im just waiting for a member of SF staff to ask me for advice about what a customer needs to buy X(

its bound to happen !!!!

im just waiting for a member of SF staff to ask me for advice about what a customer needs to buy X( its bound to happen !!!!
someone was in the minworth branch as i went to buy some cat5 connection plates, and a customer was saying to the staff, bassically i want to rewire my house, what do i need to buy, and the staff at sf said ''im sorry Sir! i have absolutely no idea, but look through the catalogue at that will show you the items needed''

:eek: :eek:

Now the correct answer surely is GET AN ELECTRICAN!!!! X(X(X(X( X(

I feel a 'how to rewire your house' tips sheet appearing in the diy stores;)

blank.......

with my business card attached !!!!!!!!!

I went into Edmundosns today for 100m of 1.5 T&E, 1 x 3mm screwdriver (thought I'd treat myself), 2 strips of 6A blocks, 2 of 30A blocks and 4 lengths of 1/2" steel capping.

some staff think your just a DIYer and hike the prices up expecting you not to know the difference and pay it
Now that I could understand except :

1. I go in there most weeks

2. I'm wearing a jacket with the company name on the front and the back

He was obviously just trying to pull one. The best of it is I talked to them about moving my account there as its nearer than the other branch (they carry less stock though). Thats not going to happen now though is it.

you should get terms setup with your wholesaler.

with respect to the engery saving bulbs i dont think wholesalers get subsidised from the goverment/ leccy board like most supermakets and potentially screw fix.

Had it with Edmundsons and all the other 'big' wholesalers. You have to fight them for everything... can anyone else relate to this one?

Me: "I need a price on that"

Ed guy (who I know and chit chat with): Rolling eyes... fecks about on the computer for ten minutes, disappears into back shop to speak to the guy who handles my account for another ten minutes. Comes back with a price (seems invented out of fresh air and usually reasonable) "that OK?"

Me: "Aye awright"

The next time...

Me: pick up a bunch of stuff, ask for another bunch of stuff, treat myself to a 3mm screwdriver (I do that as well!) think nothing of it (assuming we've sorted pricing issues) till I see the bill at the end of the month... 26 quid each for a ******* 150W 12V transformer!! Geez peace!

Drives me nuts, I've had it with them. CEF were worse!

Please tell me I'm not the only one?! Pray

Drives me nuts, I've had it with them. CEF were worse!

Please tell me I'm not the only one?! Pray
Your not the only one, I'll be honest I was starting to use Electric Centre more and more. The prices are listed in their catalogue and often they would knock a bit off so I always knew what the max price would be before I went in.

I've started to pay cash up front too for smaller jobs as it saves me having to pay a big bill a month later. Credit is ok when you've plenty on but when its quiet it shows up the flaws in my accounting

:(