Why Don't People Like CEF?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have an account with them

not used it for a year and this is why

rep used to phone me up with deals,,,fair enuff sometimes i would take one

had is number stored in my phone as you do so i phone to price me up a big order..

sorry mate i dont work them anymore... why i asked

screwed around with my commision too much and the selling was too intense with the guys he had a good rapour with...used to get told to f off

now he is selling for someone else

another time they wouldnt even beat S.F. on their t+e price

i have an account with themnot used it for a year and this is why

rep used to phone me up with deals,,,fair enuff sometimes i would take one

had is number stored in my phone as you do so i phone to price me up a big order..

sorry mate i dont work them anymore... why i asked

screwed around with my commision too much and the selling was too intense with the guys he had a good rapour with...used to get told to f off

now he is selling for someone else

another time they wouldnt even beat S.F. on their t+e price
CEF work on commision so the higher the price the higher the commision, as far as I know this is correct.

I like the fact that they have so many stores ...but hate being bum raped when I get the bill!!!!

Anything I buy from cef I can not really add anything on, as they are so expensive to start with

Awwwwchhh !

I don't have a real problem with CEF, at least not the guys on the counter, but that's because they don't **** me about. They know that if I get the invoice and find I've been reamed on some prices, they WILL get the stuff thrown back at them, regardless of whether it has been installed or not. After one or two public rows in front of other customers, they seem to be behaving themselves now and not taking liberties.

Their accounts dept however are a shower of ******s. It got to a point where invoices would be chucked straight back in the post box with a note attached telling them to seal their envelopes!

Sounds petty, but it used to drive me mad that the spastic in their office can't work out that a self-seal envelope does just that, there is absolutely no reason to fold the flap inside the envelope itself. That makes my private mail open to view by anyone, and IMHO, is out of order. I actually thought that they were doing it deliberately to wind me up until I mentioned it to someone else and they said theirs were the same, along with many other customers. Apparently the accounts office had been told, but were obviously hard-of-thinking.

Since moving onto e-mailed invoices I regularly have to kick them to get paperwork to me, they don't understand there's a direct correlation between me getting my invoice from them, me invoicing my customer (in case I get stitched up!) and ultimately them getting paid. If they leave it 3 weeks to invoice me, they can expect to get their money from me 30 days after that, so no point in them whining for a cheque a week after they invoice, regardless of when the goods were taken.

I had the unfortunate occurance of working for them a few years back, never met such big headed ignorant morons as the managment i dealt with.

I don't have a real problem with CEF, at least not the guys on the counter, but that's because they don't **** me about. They know that if I get the invoice and find I've been reamed on some prices, they WILL get the stuff thrown back at them, regardless of whether it has been installed or not. After one or two public rows in front of other customers, they seem to be behaving themselves now and not taking liberties. Their accounts dept however are a shower of ******s. It got to a point where invoices would be chucked straight back in the post box with a note attached telling them to seal their envelopes!

Sounds petty, but it used to drive me mad that the spastic in their office can't work out that a self-seal envelope does just that, there is absolutely no reason to fold the flap inside the envelope itself. That makes my private mail open to view by anyone, and IMHO, is out of order. I actually thought that they were doing it deliberately to wind me up until I mentioned it to someone else and they said theirs were the same, along with many other customers. Apparently the accounts office had been told, but were obviously hard-of-thinking.

Since moving onto e-mailed invoices I regularly have to kick them to get paperwork to me, they don't understand there's a direct correlation between me getting my invoice from them, me invoicing my customer (in case I get stitched up!) and ultimately them getting paid. If they leave it 3 weeks to invoice me, they can expect to get their money from me 30 days after that, so no point in them whining for a cheque a week after they invoice, regardless of when the goods were taken.
Why would you want all that hassle personally I think there are plenty of other wholesalers that don't mess you around and are better on pricing.

Batty

Latest posts