Why is an exported earth bad?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to confess. I have an exported earth (to a shed/workshop) 15m from CU in my garden. T&E run overhead. From 20A MCB to mini shed consumer unit (RCD @ both ends)

Why is this bad?

Am I going to die from this?

It's time to confess.SINNER - repent. Scourge yourself! ]:)

I have an exported earth (NO: O) (to a shed(take note, admin!)/workshop) 15m from CU in my garden. (EH! Why have you got a CU in your garden?) T&E run overhead. From 20A MCB to mini shed (the shed where you keep your mini is a "garage") consumer unit (RCD @ both ends)

Then you`re a Very naughty boy.

Why is this bad?

OMG.......1 moment please.

Am I going to die from this?
Depends if Steptoe gets his hands on you] :) ]:) ] :) ]:)

Guiness Drink

Seriously : look here:

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=483&highlight=exporting+earth

I think it gets explained - sort of..]:)Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink] :)

Depends what your earthing system is m8?i.e. do you have an earth rod? OR is your earth connected to the incoming cable?
Earth TNCS

(there was a time when I couldn't have quoted that off the top of me head - I;'m learning)

Have you got any extraneous conductive parts in the shed making a nice potential path back to earth?

or is it a reasonably well insulated wood stucture...

mounted on beams with NO direct contact to earth?

Have you got any extraneous conductive parts in the shed making a nice potential path back to earth?or is it a reasonably well insulated wood stucture...

mounted on beams with NO direct contact to earth?
Well insulated wood structure, no water or anything in there.

Sat on 3" tanalised timber

Ah. Of course m8. :x

And, since then, he`s also brought plastic gloves into the equation.

I see steptoe`s re-reading the "exported" thread - stand by for his input.

Though, if our resident vet has covered ALL his extremities with plastic / rubber, and is the "trained person" who will supervise any persons in the shed - he MAY be ok:O:O:O

Then again - he may be somewhat kinky:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

Ah. Of course m8. :x And, since then, he`s also brought plastic gloves into the equation.

I see steptoe`s re-reading the "exported" thread - stand by for his input.

Though, if our resident vet has covered ALL his extremities with plastic / rubber, and is the "trained person" who will supervise any persons in the shed - he MAY be ok:O:O:O

Then again - he may be somewhat kinky:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O
you got nothing better to do than spy on me?

:^O :^O:^O:^O

good night, :z

Latest posts