Why is it the majority of public will never understand?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha......I had exactly that a few days back. A bloke attempted to put a new light up in the kitchen. He put all the red wires together and all the Black wires togeter lol. When I got there he tried explaining that it's all wired up correctly so the fitting must be faulty. It wasent until I pointed out that one of the black wires was infact a switch wire. Needles to say I terminated the fitting correctly with the brown sleeve on, tested and issued a cert. He dident grumble at the cost due to imbarrasement :)Hopefully he had learnt a lesson!
Some people will never learn keeps us in business though.

And another one, there must have been an influx of sparks a few years ago that were not taught to sleeve or mark switch wires. I have found numerous installs carried out in the 90's where the switch wires were not marked.
I think that "influx" you talk of are still around...

Been checking some bits at my mum's (worked on by a spark she's known for over 30 years, who's been working as a spark for that long) and am yet to find a correctly identified switch line.

Also, to my horror - she asked me to look at her pir, which hasn't been working for a while...

Spark who fitted it has run 3-core flex from the external wall light, chased it into the wall and used the earth as the switch line by wrapping it in red tape :eek: . The same spark (her apparent friend) did this.

...do some sparks still work on the "if I don't identify things, then only I'll be able to figure it out later, thereby making myself invaluable" principle?

And another one, there must have been an influx of sparks a few years ago that were not taught to sleeve or mark switch wires. I have found numerous installs carried out in the 90's where the switch wires were not marked.
I recently did a job where i no for sure i marked up with brown sleeving.

Any how, i returned to the job at a later date for an extension they were having built. (i didnt know at the time they was doing this, it was undecided)

Well i noticed all the light switch's had been changed from standard whites to fancy stuff...

and to my suprise, when i checked on the sleeving at been remove headbang

I recently did a job where i no for sure i marked up with brown sleeving. Any how, i returned to the job at a later date for an extension they were having built. (i didnt know at the time they was doing this, it was undecided)

Well i noticed all the light switch's had been changed from standard whites to fancy stuff...

and to my suprise, when i checked on the sleeving at been remove headbang
i hope it wasnt house of horrors that you where working at, you never know if those cameras got you removing the switch plates in another part of the house, :^O :^O:^O:^O

i hope it wasnt house of horrors that you where working at, you never know if those cameras got you removing the switch plates in another part of the house, :^O :^O:^O:^O
I was just been nosey to check it was done right ROTFWL

No one in and no cameras :) lol