Wireless MCP

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Evening all.

I am planning on installing a Rafiki Twinflex fire alarm system. 2 Zone panel, few smokes/MCP's etc.

Due to the nature of the building I was interested in knowing whether it would be possible to install a couple of wireless MCP's.

As far as I am aware Rafiki don't make any wireless gear. But surely it must be possible to connect some sort of reciever to one of the inputs allowing wireless MCP's to transmit a signal to this reciever thus operating the alarm?

Any help much appreciated.

GS

Give channel safety systems a call they can probably tell you as they sell that system and if its not part of the system they may be able to sort stuff out to make it part of it. I have always found them very useful when doing FA sytems.

Rafiki or Fike as they are known nowadays don't have any wireless kit as part of their range. There is a company called Hyfire (Sterling Safety) which manufacture wireless kit that can be incorporated into an analogue addressable fire alarm loop. However this would mean that the whole system would then need to be analogue addressable instead of the Rafiki Twinflex.

Latest posts