Wiring an Induction Hob and twin ovens

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cable length

consumer unit under stairs, kitchen next to it so approx 4 or 5 metres to isolation switch and 2 to 3 metres to hob.

I would try to have it on non Rcd side of board on Rcbo personally although mem boards can be a bit of a nightmare to get Rcbo's in if they are quite loaded with cables.

Ist post! Resurrecting an old thread as it had the same title I would write!

Hob 10.8Kw

Ovens 2x 3.4Kw (spec says 16A hard wire)

Steamer and Microwave (built in)

10m run on average from CU all clipped to solid all RCBOs

Head spinning with the options.

Thinking of 40A/45A 6mm to the Hob, could use 10mm but it will make life difficult

Cannot see any other way to do ovens than 2 separate 16A runs in 2.5

Built in Microwave and steamer off the ring

Other thing is this will need 4 DP isolators if I go that way and space is at a premium above counter. Don't really like the idea of attaching 6 or 10mm to boxes the inside of a cabinet and no real space for a grid within 2m. CU not much further than 2m. Add the isolators for the washer and dishwasher and it starts to look a little busy to say the least.

trying to get a good plan that doesnt look like a DP-switch scattergun

Ist post! Resurrecting an old thread as it had the same title I would write!

Hob 10.8Kw

Ovens 2x 3.4Kw (spec says 16A hard wire)

Steamer and Microwave (built in)

10m run on average from CU all clipped to solid all RCBOs

Head spinning with the options.

Thinking of 40A/45A 6mm to the Hob, could use 10mm but it will make life difficult

Cannot see any other way to do ovens than 2 separate 16A runs in 2.5

Built in Microwave and steamer off the ring

Other thing is this will need 4 DP isolators if I go that way and space is at a premium above counter. Don't really like the idea of attaching 6 or 10mm to boxes the inside of a cabinet and no real space for a grid within 2m. CU not much further than 2m. Add the isolators for the washer and dishwasher and it starts to look a little busy to say the least.

trying to get a good plan that doesnt look like a DP-switch scattergun

Best you review your thoughts and start again.

Have you got the BYB to refer to?