Wiring Diagrams

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladimir3000

Reaction score
Hi folks

I've browsed some of the posts on this subject before but i wondered, can anyone direct me to a good resource of wiring diagrams please?

Im looking for basic right through to complex,

I'd like to see clear illustrations of, for example, wiring loop in line and loop in neutral for lighting circuits etc.

Id like to be able to look at the diagrams and see the merits of different methods of doing the same thing.

Perhaps if such a resource was available we could make it a sticky post in this forum?

If such a thing isnt available can we start a permanent thread so people can add diagrams please?

Thanks! and cheers

Guinness

Buy yourself an accessory. Pretty much any accessory and in it you will find a wiring diagram for most lights, sockets, FCU, switches etc :)

When you lose it, buy another accessory.

*repeat as required!

:D

do a search on the net for the diagrams,,,or buy the books

i wouldnt be happy if the forum provided the diagrams for wiring up all the accessories in the house.....

i dont have a problem though if someone has a wiring problem and wants advice......

I dont think wiring diagrams for specific switchs/items is a good idea IMHO , it could be open to abuse from joe public, what I would appreciate being at college and learning if someone has some spare plans/layout drawings that they have to dispose of sending them my way so I can at least look at them/study them to give me an idea.

I've got the Scaddan 'Electric Wiring, Domestic 13th ed.'

Is this one of the better books?

Either way, what others do people recommend?

Thanks

B-)

Latest posts