Yale HSA3800

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Hi guys

i was asked to install a Yale HSA6400 in an office which was a pub

no problems i thought until i tried to use the telephone function to call out to a mobile/landline

The customer has a 'featureline' system from BT which requires a 9 to dial out

I am fully aware that the '9' is required to seize an outgoing line and this works fine with a telephone.

But with the alarm panel it is too quick for the system to seize the line hence does not contact a number

Yale technical(useless) say after the '9' insert the star key then the number but the new alarms dont have this on the control pad only on the discontinued model HSA3800.

Has anybody got one lying around or know a supplier that stocks just the control panel. ???? I have confirmed that it is compatable with the latest model.

The customer wont be too happy with spending

can you elaborate on that ???how will that fit in with the '9' issue ?
pyronix diallers are the best by far as you programme them through your phone (a normal type phone handset that you plug into a bt socket in the house) then with said dialler you can make that programming how you want ie the 9 and then star because a telephone handset type phone has these buttons on it.

this is the type of unit but go to your local security wholesalers or the likes as youll prob get it cheaper http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=344&zenid=7f25443a6303786f889c7cb7b7e7fa0e

The idea of inserting a star after the 9 is to make the panel pause before dialling the rest of the number.

I'd try inserting a space by pressing 0 a few times, ie. 9 00 12345678. Hopefully this will work in the same way. Let us know how you get on.

2 problems here, 1st is Bt and there featurelines, 2nd is Yale alarms. Remove one or both from the equation to solve the problem.

The idea of inserting a star after the 9 is to make the panel pause before dialling the rest of the number.I'd try inserting a space by pressing 0 a few times, ie. 9 00 12345678. Hopefully this will work in the same way. Let us know how you get on.
That'd just set it on international dialling.