Zanussi oven not heating up since power cut!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckle1982

Reaction score
Hi, we have a Zanussi ZOD35511XK oven and we had a power cut on Sunday. Since then the main oven won’t heat up (the light goes on & the fan goes on) but it won’t heat up & I think it is to do with the fact that the ‘end’ arrow button seems to be stuck on the same time as the actual time, we cannot press the (-) button to reduce the time to get rid of this, cancel this setting. We have turned it off at the mains and back on again & from here we have set the clock as you are meant to, which is fine... but then we have a look at the ‘end’ arrow button it has the same time set as the clock and therefore isn’t allowing the oven to heat up! Any ideas / suggestions are most welcome!! Thank you

Hi Sharpend, thanks for your reply. Yes we have read the instruction manual and we aren’t setting the start & end time, we are only setting the actual time... it just seems to be setting itself and we can’t cancel it?!

With not being there, I can only advise reading pages 6-8 particularly if you are happy you have set the clock,  the last part for cancelling clock function? 

also refer to page 17 troubleshooting? 

Thanks, I have looked and looked at trouble shooting, I’ve done everything! 
That’s what’s so tricky.... I am boggled as to why I can’t cancel / re set  this ‘end’ function!!!

Presume you’ve tried this? 
Cancelling the clock functions
1. Press the again and again until the
necessary function indicator flashes.
2. Press and hold ___
The clock function goes out after some seconds.

Hi Andy, yes I think it was because the power to all appliances / plug sockets etc went off and I had to flick the switch back up/on the fuse box.... ?

Top oven still works but that’s because it’s a double oven and the top oven isn’t connected to the clock function & bottom oven.

Hi Andy, I had turned the oven on to heat up when it happened. 
We were unsure whether it might be the element, but the fact that the ‘end’ arrow time keeps on showing the same time as the clock, it makes me think it’s something to do with the clock function... which as I said previously, we can’t reset/cancel/zero this ‘end’ arrow function!

Thanks.

Turn the Mcb off for the cooker circuit. Leave off for 5 minutes then turn it back on. It may be that there has been a spike which has caused a gremlin in the electronics. Then try to set clock only. 

if it was the element then I’d expect the time function to work correctly. 

Hi Sharpend, my husband knew what the MCB was so we turned it off for 5 mins as you said, back on and it’s still happening! Basically we set the time function only (at that time it was 17:50) and then it automatically showed 17:50 on the ‘end’ arrow button when we ‘tabbed’ across to check!!

When we powered back up, it flashed the time as 12:00 and we had to set the time, so we did that and that only. 
as you press the middle clock button function it ‘tabs’ between

setting the time

setting the duration of cooker

setting a end time

& setting a timer.

we didn’t touch any of the others, yet the ‘end’ time always displays the same time as the main clock!

When you tabbed across did you then push and hold the ‘line’ button for 10seconds? 

what was showing? 
Yes we did but it wasn’t doing anything. It wouldn’t decrease what was showing or cancel it. 

Latest posts