2 pump controller

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave2

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a 2 pump control panel (ie CP2SM)

I have been asked to wire the control panel but there are no diagrams.

There are 2 pumps and 4 submersible float switches.

Any help would be appreciated

dave2

It might help if you tell us what the two pumps are doing.

Since you are talking about float switches, it must be a pumped water supply system, or part of the effluent treatment of a septic tank.

I've done both. More details needed.

Post the manual for the controller if you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 3082

Thanks for the swift replies.

It is indeed for a sewage treatment works.

Mains input is straight forward (single phase).

It is a 24v unit.

The 2 pumps work alternatively.

What is puzzling for me is the connections to the 4 floats. These have been wired in 3 core (blue, black and brown). When the pump is called the black and brown are switched and when the pump is satisfied the black and blue are switched.

Attached is a copy of all I have.

I dont have a clue what ST01, ST02 and SLA1 are for!

Dave2

Pump controller.pdf

Attachments

• Pump controller.pdf
    182.3 KB · Views: 28
I'm afraid there's not enough information for my brain to work it out.

Can I have a schematic of what each pump does (i.e pumps what to where), and where each switch is.

i.e I need to understand the system before I can work out how the controls are going to work.

Po Dave

I have the same information as you and my brain isnt working either.

I can only go off what I have been told.

Both pumps and float switches are all in the same cesspit!

Basically when pumping is required one of the pumps is operated via the float switch when the tank is emptied the pump is stopped. The next time pumping is called for the other pump starts up and this in turn stops when the tank is emptied. They alternate like this all the time. Only one can work at a time unless the manual switch is operated.

I believe Canoeboy's first post to be about right

Dave2

There are definately 4 floats as I've marked them up.

Could it be

1 float stops both pumps

2&3 floats stops each individual pump separately

4th float signals an alarm

Dave2

Like I say, you need to understand what each switch does.

3 makes sense. Lower limit (to stop pumps) upper limit (to start pumps) and alarm level (above upper limit) means pumps haven't started and it's about to overflow.

Perhaps the 4th is a lower alarm level, i.e the pumps should have stopped, but they didn't and now they are pumping dry?

Who specified the system? surely someone will know what they have bought?

I have sent off some emails to various companies asking for some diagrams.

I still believe the following

Float 1--level switch stop pump-when this is opened none of the pumps will work.

Float 2--level switch start pump 1 - when this is opened pump 2 will operate and pump 1 stops

Float 3--level switch start pump 2 - when this is opened pump 1 will operate and pump 2 stops

This allows for the pumps to alternate.

Float 4--overfill, if this is closed an alarm will be initiated.This may be SLA1

I stand to be corrected.

Canoeboy--please don't insult my intelligence by implying I dont know how to use my Fluke tester or that I dont know if up is up and down is down.

Dave2

^ & get the right pumps in! ;)

One other comment Canoe, it looks like the 4th float is an alarm?

Wired across X1 11/12 to signal an external device?

Perhaps for overfill type scenario?

There does seem a bit of confusion though?

A1 looks like a controller/duty relay?

Perhaps this could be a duty/standby or a cyclic duty, or, it could be base load and assist type function could it not, not studied the drg mind!

As usual, and this is NOT a dig at the OP, it just proves how difficult it is to help on the forum without missing something when you don't have ALL the information to hand!

Hi,

I am a Flygt engineer and you use all 4 floats.

Float 1 being STOP

Float 2 being START

Float 3 being STANDBY or ASSIST

Float 4 being ALARM

The standby or assist is used so that if one pump goes down then it will operate on the other pump, or if the volume of water is too great for one pump to cope then it will operate on both pumps.

Thanks once I had joined this forum and posted 10 times I could download the drawings which we needed at 5pm on Friday for a job on Saturday Morning

hublander said:
Thanks once I had joined this forum and posted 10 times I could download the drawings which we needed at 5pm on Friday for a job on Saturday Morning
Just found out the panel we have is 3 phase but we should be able to work it out.  :B-

Latest posts