Wireless Thermostat Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deedee

Reaction score
I have just had my old boiler replaced with an Ideal logic Heat15. I have a hot water storage tank and  the programmer is a Honeywell ST9400C. I also have a Honeywell DT92E wireless thermostat . The problem is that the programmer switches the water on and off ok but I can only activate the central heating by using the wireless remote for the thermostat. The programmer lights up at the set times for central heating but does not ignite the boiler. Could it be a wiring problem or are the two methods of control incompatible?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

That's how it SHOULD work, but it sounds from the OP's description that it makes no difference if the programmer is on or off.

If that's the case, it's wired wrong, get the installer back.

Thanks. Is it likely to be the wiring in the thermostat relay box or  in the programmer which is wired incorrectly? 

Sounds like the link between L&A has been fitted and should not be.

You want Feed Live and Neutral to power the receiver, then you want switched live from programmer onto A and return from B to whatever system you have Y-Plan, S-Plan or basic.

Thankyou all for your input. I will get the installer to have another look at it and pass your comments on to him.

Problem now resolved. The installer came back with the correct wiring diagram and removed the offending link in the thermostat wiring box. Thanks for all your help and advice.

Latest posts